Droid Eris 2.1 and Built in Weather Widget?

jhart15063

Reaction score
ok so i updated my eris a few days ago and my weather widget isnt working, it wont open and idk why, anyone have any similar problems or any solutions...either to fix it or another weather widget?

Screwball

Reaction score
My stock weather/time widget would not pull in the correct city info no matter what I tried, it seems to be a known HTC Eris issue that cannot be fixed with some Eris's, so I ash canned it and purchased the "Beautiful Widget" app from the app market and it works Beautifully!

DroidTard

Reaction score
SOME Erises?

LOL... You're not kiddin'... I bought my wife's and my Erises at the same store on the same day. After our 2.1 DOWNGRADE, numerous things on both of our phones don't work properly. Interestingly enough her weather widget works fine. Mine's hosed. WTF?

Trying to figure out here how to properly back up my applications and text messages so I can do the Factory Reset to see if that helps.

Element657

Reaction score
weather widget

Umm yeah mine is messed up also. Once i got the 2.1 update it worked for 2 days. I really loved the weather effects when you unlock the phone. but now all it sais is "no weather date available" although it still shows my location. My question is if i purchase the beautiful widget will it show the weather effects when you unlock the phone?

Jokerz

Reaction score
Umm yeah mine is messed up also. Once i got the 2.1 update it worked for 2 days. I really loved the weather effects when you unlock the phone. but now all it sais is "no weather date available" although it still shows my location. My question is if i purchase the beautiful widget will it show the weather effects when you unlock the phone?

I have the droid and when i unlock my phone it does now show the weather effects. It does show a weather animation when you touch it though.

DroidTard

Reaction score
Try this

I just ran across another post in another 2.1 issues thread that provides an easy fix for the weather widget issues.

Go to:

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Weather Provider/Clear Data

Then go to:

Settings/Accounts & sync/Weather/sync now

It cleared my Eris weather widget right up. It may have fixed other problems, I'm not sure.

Jokerz

Reaction score
I just ran across another post in another 2.1 issues thread that provides an easy fix for the weather widget issues.

Go to:

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Weather Provider/Clear Data

Then go to:

Settings/Accounts & sync/Weather/sync now

It cleared my Eris weather widget right up. It may have fixed other problems, I'm not sure.

Thanks DroidTard that worked perfectly.