Droid DOES save me money

tu3218

Reaction score
So I was getting my college books for this upcoming semester and of course the university store doesn't necessarily sell books cheap. So I'm taking organic chem for one of my classes and the book was $180. Way to much in my opinion. I got the idea to scan the bar code using shopsavy on my droid and found out that I can get the book for $90, and actually where I can find it where I live. My droid and with the help of shopsavy saved me a good bit of money.

For those who don't have this app, I highly recommend checking it out because it really does find just about all products and helps determine where products can be found for cheaper prices. Just another good instance of DROID DOES:icon_ banana:

cuzzinz

Reaction score
So I was getting my college books for this upcoming semester and of course the university store doesn't necessarily sell books cheap. So I'm taking organic chem for one of my classes and the book was $180. Way to much in my opinion. I got the idea to scan the bar code using shopsavy on my droid and found out that I can get the book for $90, and actually where I can find it where I live. My droid and with the help of shopsavy saved me a good bit of money.

For those who don't have this app, I highly recommend checking it out because it really does find just about all products and helps determine where products can be found for cheaper prices. Just another good instance of DROID DOES:icon_ banana:

You know I will have to give this a try next semester... GOOD CALL!

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
yeah I was glad I thought of it because I was not trying to spend that much on a book. Its ridiculous.

xjman349

Reaction score
The app has probably saved me close to $500.00. It helped me find a TV stand, a TV, discounted xbox 360, computer monitor and a space heater.

Next to swype this is my favorite app

Shel

Reaction score
You know I will have to give this a try next semester... GOOD CALL!

No need to wait!

I've scanned items at Best Buy and Staples, and had them price match the lower price I found!

The salesman at Staples even had a Droid!

So, I didn't even have to go back home, and order it online... I purchased a dashboard dock for my wife's navigation system, and saved about $20, and I saved even more when I went to Staples! They price matched color ink jet cartridges from one store, and price matched a lower price on the black ink cartridge I needed, from a different store! Saved me about $25!

wil318466

Reaction score

Actually, books are the PERFECT thing to use this type of app for. Maybe Google Goggles would work also. Nice.

-Wil

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

Actually, books are the PERFECT thing to use this type of app for. Maybe Google Goggles would work also. Nice.

-Wil

good idea about the google goggles. I always forget about using shopsavy in stores but it really is a useful app.