Droid Does, Can I ?

Crazy_Squirrel

Reaction score
Hi to all. Read thru some of the posts, looks like I am in the right place. Luved, luved my :heart: pinkberry,:heart: hated bb storm, :icon_evil: upgraded to droid and am crazy over it! having a hard time figuring out some of the apps, like panda but... as a nursing student, i need reliability and innovation. the innovation is sick, but battery is real issue,. don't run slide show any more, got task manager and still dead, dead after 2 hrs, and can't get estrongs to work for all my 4.0 smarts ! international honors student can't figure out some of these workings! :icon_ banana:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid is notorious for battery not holding charges very well...just thought I'd throw that in there. Welcome to the forum, and another former BB user I see.

Newton122189

Reaction score
The Droid is notorious for battery not holding charges very well...just thought I'd throw that in there. Welcome to the forum, and another former BB user I see.

my battery lasts all day, two hours is just unacceptable, that means that you couldnt even watch a full length movie with out it being dead at the end, take it back to verizon

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i usually get around 12-18 hours with moderate use. I've gotten 30 hours before, but that was little use.

ldimick

Reaction score
2 hours is not necessarily a bad battery. If you are using wifi, GPS and frequent browsing and syncing I could see that as being normal. First thing I would do is turn off all non-essential services or applications such as GPS and possibly wifi. Make sure you are not running Google Talk. Turn off all sync's with email or cut them back to once an hour. Then see how it works.

The Droid battery life is not very good because you have a more powerful device. The battery life is better than an iphone though. If you still can't make it through the day take it in.

Newton122189

Reaction score
2 hours is not necessarily a bad battery. If you are using wifi, GPS and frequent browsing and syncing I could see that as being normal. First thing I would do is turn off all non-essential services or applications such as GPS and possibly wifi. Make sure you are not running Google Talk. Turn off all sync's with email or cut them back to once an hour. Then see how it works.

The Droid battery life is not very good because you have a more powerful device. The battery life is better than an iphone though. If you still can't make it through the day take it in.

you dont have to do all that stuff, trust me, idimick if you do all that and still have bad battery life then you too have a dud cuz it has good battery life (for the amount of things it does) it should make it all day with wifi and all the fixings, the only thing that i have noticed destroys your battery is the turn by turn navigation with the satellite view on, that one can knock you down 30 or 40% in a matter of 10 or 15 mins

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Wow. Really? Even using the Google maps navigation thing it took about thirty minutes before the battery was at eighty percent. I plugged it into the charger at that point but I'm sure thirty more minutes wouldn't have it down to forty percent. I'd started out at ninety or so. I'd take the thing back, myself.

ldimick

Reaction score
Yeah, I used turn by turn and it went through 40% of my battery in less than an hour. And when I turned it off and used it for a phone it went through 20% in 2 hours. Big difference.

Newton122189

Reaction score
Wow. Really? Even using the Google maps navigation thing it took about thirty minutes before the battery was at eighty percent. I plugged it into the charger at that point but I'm sure thirty more minutes wouldn't have it down to forty percent. I'd started out at ninety or so. I'd take the thing back, myself.

i didnt say it put the batter down TO 30 or 40% i said it took away 30 to 40% of the battery, basically the turn by turn is a battery hog, unless your using that a lot then the battery should be better