Droid docking station issues...

pobrien904

Reaction score
Hello.

So I just bought the droid docking/ multimedia station. But when I put the phone in it, it goes into car dock mode....

I want it to be the box and show the time. I use my droid as my alarm clock too...

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Are you rooted? You could always remove the cardock app. I would recommend changing its name to .bak from .apk, so that it's there if you ever need it (for OTA updates, for example)

marykay

Reaction score
I do not use cardock. But recently, when I lay the phone flat the cardock screen appears. I have had the droid 2 since September, 2010 and am just now having this issue.

OP
P

pobrien904

Reaction score
I am not rooted.

O still can't get this to work... paid a bunchy money for the dock too.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Riesj

Reaction score
It is probably a defective dock. The Droid (2) has a magnetic field sensor. There is a small magnet in the media and car docks, with different orientations (north vs south). The phone detects which dock it is inserted into through the orientation of the field.

It seems like your dock is defective (has the magnet placed incorrectly).

You can test this functionality by holding a magnet against the back of the phone, about 1cm to the right of the Moto logo.

Nasa

Reaction score
Sounds like either using wrong dock. Different placement of magnets for multimedia vs. car dock. Are you running a stock rom?

Mine works fine except I have to swap back to stock battery for it to fit.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, Go Launcher, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.