Droid dock question.

Josefius

Reaction score
I'm kind of new to the dock clock thing, I have been charging my new D2 via the dock and was wondering how it prevented pixel burn. Then I noticed that the background sometimes oscillates different colors at random intervals. Is this part of how it prevents burn in to the LCD? I thought the clock used to bounce around the screen on the earlier versions of Android.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When I had my dock with my Droid I do recall the time moving around. Then again I never kept the screen on since it would sit right next to my bed and be a bit too bright for me. I always found it easier if I for some reason I wake up in the middle of the night was to just turn the screen on to check.

Maybe some others can chime in with their experiences.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
These LCD screens are not quite as advanced as a Plasma Television. Even LCD TV's don't "burn in" like they did a just a few short years ago. Result: very little risk of "burn in" on LCD anything. Plasma is a little more susceptible.

You won't burn in on your Droid, my friend. I have Slacker Radio going 8+ hours a day and no burn in.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not really a matter of "advanced" screens burning in. Some screens burn in. Some don't. Plenty of archaic screens had problems with burn in.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Good lord some folks just NEED to disagree.
:)

All I meant by that is this tiny little Droid screen is NOT going to burn in like a Plasma TV might from 5 years ago.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
I just want the old behavior of the original doc app to use a bouncing time screensaver. Why did Motorola change that? I wish there was an app on the market that did that or had one close to the original.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
See Other Reply.

There certainly IS an app for that.
Alarm Clock Plus.

So good I paid for it.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
See Other Reply.

There certainly IS an app for that.
Alarm Clock Plus.

So good I paid for it.

Saw that, thank you... I must have been really peeved to write two threads about it. Thanks again :)

EDIT:

This is exactly what I wanted! Well worth the money.

Last edited: