Droid dialing random numbers on its own

tclark333

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to the sounds of key presses coming from my phone. When I picked the phone up, it had gone crazy, trying over and over to dial random numbers. I had the phone locked, so it was going straight to the emergency dialer, and none of the numbers were going through because they weren't valid emergency numbers.

I reset the phone which seemed to stop it, but then the phone said that too many pattern unlock attempts had been made, so I had to log in with my Google account. After realizing it wouldn't accept my password, I quickly found on the web that there is a bug that won't ever allow you to get in this way. Once you get to that stage, you are locked out for good and have to factory reset your phone.

Has anyone else experienced this headache?

viperboy

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to the sounds of key presses coming from my phone. When I picked the phone up, it had gone crazy, trying over and over to dial random numbers. I had the phone locked, so it was going straight to the emergency dialer, and none of the numbers were going through because they weren't valid emergency numbers.

I reset the phone which seemed to stop it, but then the phone said that too many pattern unlock attempts had been made, so I had to log in with my Google account. After realizing it wouldn't accept my password, I quickly found on the web that there is a bug that won't ever allow you to get in this way. Once you get to that stage, you are locked out for good and have to factory reset your phone.

Are you using a non-OEM charger, by chance?

OP
T

tclark333

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was... I just read that cheap chargers are a big suspect.

I could deal with that since no calls actually went out since the phone was locked. But with not being able to sign in after that happens is killing me. I can't reset every time this happens!

klaudt

Reaction score
I am having a issue with my phone just dialing random people in my contacts , I thought I was just touching the screen to make this happen , then while driving down the road yesterday I happened to look down at my phone on the seat next to me and it was dialing a number in my contacts , it will do this 3 to 4 times aday on average, I am using a OEM charger

dabizz

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with random calling on my droid. This my third Droid since January and the problem continues. My phone can be sitting on a counter and start random calling to people on my contact list. I have been called at 3:00am by friends asking if everthing is ok cause they just received a call from my phone. I like the Droid but this is getting to me and I'm thinking of other options on phones

BOMBCRU

Reaction score
Im on my 5th droid,3 of them did this, the issue was the amazon mp3 store conflicting.

shazam331

Reaction score
I had much, much worse happen with the random dialing

I had this wac android phone call one of my clients at 1:00am. And a nice lady at that. The other random dialing went to my Pastor friend whom I do call from time to time. But that's for me to do. Not this wac android phone. When I can afford to get a new phone. I want to run this one over with my truck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had this wac android phone call one of my clients at 1:00am. And a nice lady at that. The other random dialing went to my Pastor friend whom I do call from time to time. But that's for me to do. Not this wac android phone. When I can afford to get a new phone. I want to run this one over with my truck.

You do realize this thread is about 2 years old, right? These types of problems were almost 100% caused by using a 3rd party charger and even in some cases a 3rd party usb cable. I think if you stick with the motorola chargers you will find the phone less "wac".

Another problem could be if you have a task killer or an anti-virus app installed.