Droid, Cradle, Mystery?

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, I went and purchased the navigation cradle for my car. As soon as I placed the Droid in the cradle, the navigation program pops up, and the screen stays lit. This is all plastic, and can't for the life of me figure out how the Droid each time it goes into the cradle, calls upon the navigation program. Can anyone tell me how this is possible?

MICP1480

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Probably a magnet somewhere. I've noticed that the magnet in my belt clip tends to send it into Car Home.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, I just put a huge magnet to the back of my droid and nothing happened.

MICP1480

mr.deux

Reaction score
there is a magnet in the car dock, you can trick the phone into going into multimedia/navigation mode by putting small magnets in key locations on the back of the phone

siggy_freud

Reaction score
^^^

Its all about magnent placement. One up near the center top of the phone should kick it into car mode. One near the center, mid phone should put it in home dock mode.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
^^^

Its all about magnent placement. One up near the center top of the phone should kick it into car mode. One near the center, mid phone should put it in home dock mode.

I believe it has to do with the polarity of the magnet as opposed to the positioning...Am I wrong?

cuskit

Reaction score
Actually, that's true. It's the polarity of the magnet that induces either mulitmedia or car mode. Precise positioning is also critical. Our MIKRADLES have the magnet polarity set for multimedia. Car docks have the opposite polarity set. You can try this by holding a disc magnet on the back of your Droid, just above the microUSB connecter - flip the magnet front to back to see the different mode. Meanwhile - MIKRADLE would like to thank all who have purchased our product here - especially the terrific turnout today, the last day of our FREE SHIPPING sale! cuskit

Due to the overwhelming response to our Holiday FREE SHIPPING on MIKRADLES, we've extended the FREE SHIPPING until Jan 4. After that the USPS higher rates go into effect. Take advantage now and pick up your MIKRADLE for our "Heading into the New Decade" FREE SHIPPING sale!

2010 LUCKY FIVE OFFER!
Incentive to buy: 1st FIVE buyers of a MIKRADLE for 2010 will receive an additional LUCKY $5.00 REFUND! Applies to any Classic color (Cherry, Mahogany, Walnut or Oak)! Buy now and be one of the Lucky Five!
Refund will be issued once your funds clear our Paypal Account (usually 1-3 Business Days)

VISIT HERE TO BUY:
MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (MAHOGANY) NEW! - eBay (item 140367436991 end time Jan-12-10 14:08:30 PST)

MIKRADLE welcomes all DROIDFORUMS members into the New Decade! Have a safe, happy and joyous New Year! And thank you all for your overwhelming response to our 2009 introduction of the MIKRADLE!

Last edited:

skidemn

Reaction score
^^^

I believe it has to do with the polarity of the magnet as opposed to the positioning...Am I wrong?

Right you are. Just turn the magnet around and it goes from one mode to the other.

cuskit

Reaction score
^^^

Right you are. Just turn the magnet around and it goes from one mode to the other.
Like I just said about four hours before in the post just before yours! ;)

Happy New Years All!!!!!!!!!!!

cuskit

cuskit

Reaction score
I know Motorola sells the car dock, has Seido released a model yet for cars? If so, and someone has used one - I'd love to hear your experiences with it. My company makes the MIKRADLE, but we have no intention of making a car model, but would like to equip several of our vehicles with Droid Car Docks, and would like to hear feedback on the available options at this point.
Cuskit

Due to the overwhelming response to our Holiday FREE SHIPPING on MIKRADLES, we've extended the FREE SHIPPING until Jan 4. After that the USPS higher rates go into effect. Take advantage now and pick up your MIKRADLE for our "Heading into the New Decade" FREE SHIPPING sale!

2010 LUCKY FIVE OFFER!
FIRST FIVE buyers of a MIKRADLE for 2010 will receive an additional
LUCKY $5.00 REFUND
!

Offer Over! Congratulations to Our Winners:
Bob S. - CA (1 Oak)
Craig C. - AZ (2 -Cherry)
Charles O. - NJ (2 - Mahogany)

VISIT HERE TO BUY:
MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (MAHOGANY) NEW! - eBay (item 140367436991 end time Jan-12-10 14:08:30 PST)

MIKRADLE welcomes all DROIDFORUMS members into the New Decade! Have a safe, happy and joyous New Year! And thank you all for your overwhelming response to our 2009 introduction of the MIKRADLE!

Last edited: