Droid could be coming to AT&T

iPirate

Reaction score
In my area, AT&T works better. I had Verizon for over 5 years. My son had AT&T. We did side by side tests with both. AT&T won. Now I must wait impatiently for the droid.
I don't understand why people don't get that. Coverage varies. Every carrier has holes. Everyone needs to assess carriers for their own individual coverage purposes. If you're getting the coverage you need that's all that matters.
Maybe the location of his test was bias towards AT&T? I think overall people have tried both and VZW is better. So far VZW has been better for me. People with iphones use wifi in my building, my guess is because 3g doesn't work or doesn't work well for them.

LookingDownTheCross

Reaction score
It's been to my experience, that the Verizon Network, is basically useless outside of huge cities and extremely populated areas. While the AT&T Network definitely is NOT that good, it still gets signal to do its job MOST places nobody else has signal, enough for some texting or calling, some slow internet, but still better than no signal. It'd be pretty cool if AT&T got a form of the Droid. In regard to the different appearance, AT&T I've noticed always seems to get a different design for their phones than other networks. They had the HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2) redesigned, and a few other phones as well, I see no reason they wouldn't do the same. They'd probably find a way for it to have the pinch to zoom browser (I'm a little behind on Droid news but last i checked it lacked the feature) though I don't mind the scroll bar.

LookingDownTheCross

Reaction score
It's been to my experience, that the Verizon Network, is basically useless outside of huge cities and extremely populated areas.

That is backward of my experiance in Oklahoma

Hmmm weirdness. It really is all about your location, here in kentucky we have lots of trees and hills and all that good stuff in the way lol, not sure of the landscape out there, though i do want to move there maybe one day.

bL33d

Reaction score
I live in Illinois small town 7000 pop. And allways have 3g unlike when I had att

LookingDownTheCross

Reaction score
Welll I know in my area verizon doesnt work so well, not much signal unless you're in the bigger metro areas. Though I would love to switch to verizon although at&t's 3g is really starting to spread around here.

CaptJack

Reaction score
I have already seen a Moto Droid on the AT&T network. I have a nephew that works at Best Buy and he received an Android from CANADA thru a BEST BUY in CANADA store that works on the AT&T network. It looks just like my moto but does not say verizon on the front lower right like ours. I should have asked him to take out the battery and show me his SIM slot but I didnt think to do that. I will though this weekend when I see him for the Paquio fight.