Droid could be coming to AT&T

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now they can have a commercial where a Droid rips off Luke Wilson's head! (Instead of the AT&T vs. Verizon download one where he has no head :))

droidilac

Reaction score
I know the pic isn't real & while I like the line of just numbers, the bottom row of letters would be too awkward to use.

It's be kinda cool to see the Droid & the iPhone on the same network, then you could put them head to head on level ground.

A lot of iPhone owners I have talked to say the at&t network kills the iPhone.

I heard a rumor today at work that iPhone is coming to Verizon when 4g launches. Don't know how true it could be I haven't researched it yet. LOL

It would be nice to see them head to head on a level playing field. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know the pic isn't real & while I like the line of just numbers, the bottom row of letters would be too awkward to use.

It's be kinda cool to see the Droid & the iPhone on the same network, then you could put them head to head on level ground.

A lot of iPhone owners I have talked to say the at&t network kills the iPhone.

I heard a rumor today at work that iPhone is coming to Verizon when 4g launches. Don't know how true it could be I haven't researched it yet. LOL

It would be nice to see them head to head on a level playing field. :)
If and when the iPhone does come to VZW, it won't sell like it would've 3 months ago. The Android line up is going to pull a lot of people away from buying an iPhone. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone will do fine, but it's not gonna get the same 'bang' it would had it joined VZW sooner.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Those articles are way back in October of 09.....

Moto is going to be announcing 2 new phones tommorow and one is going to launch on AT&T. I wonder if this is the one?

Rumor has that it will have an OLED screen though. Who knows anymore lol...

Too much going on at once right now.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those articles are way back in October of 09.....

Moto is going to be announcing 2 new phones tommorow and one is going to launch on AT&T. I wonder if this is the one?

Rumor has that it will have an OLED screen though. Who knows anymore lol...

Too much going on at once righ.t now

CES is both a blessing and a curse for us currency-challenged individuals

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Wow I think I am going to buy my droid and then erase all my cell phone web sites and blog bookmarks, except this one of course. That way I wont worry about what is coming out what seems like every month.

bL33d

Reaction score
Wouldent really matter i mean i left att and my iphone 3gs behind because i was on edge 95% of the time.

I love my :motdroidhoriz: but that is only because i have yet to lose 3g coverage and my speeds are 1500+ dl and 700+ upload :icon_ banana:

I thought there was some sort of deal with verizon for the droid though....? If not verizon dumped a **** load of money endorsing a mobile phone that any company can have... :icon_eek:

Last edited:

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I RAGED when I first saw that picture, thinking it was real. The dedicated number row was enough to make me stare my Droid down in disappointment.

iwantadroid

Reaction score
Why would Motorola want to do that though?

I mean it would be kinda like the iPhone going to Verizon
Has anyone found out if this is going to happen for sure, or are they just rumors?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wouldent really matter i mean i left att and my iphone 3gs behind because i was on edge 95% of the time.

I love my :motdroidhoriz: but that is only because i have yet to lose 3g coverage and my speeds are 1500+ dl and 700+ upload :icon_ banana:

I thought there was some sort of deal with verizon for the droid though....? If not verizon dumped a **** load of money endorsing a mobile phone that any company can have... :icon_eek:

Same here, dumped the Tilt2 for the Droid and NO regrets. AT&T's coverage AND customer service are pathetic... And to be priced the same, or close to Verizon you get so much MORE for your money with Verizon. I know people that went the opposite route (dropping devices like the Storm) when the 3Gs came out and all them regret it now. The network really is more important than the device, IMHO.

dos

Reaction score
Why would Motorola want to do that though?

I mean it would be kinda like the iPhone going to Verizon
Has anyone found out if this is going to happen for sure, or are they just rumors?
Why wouldn't they do it. "Almost" every phone on the market, you can buy on another network. You can buy a Blackberry on almost any carrier. Saturate the market and get those numbers up.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let ATT get a android based phone, they can't handle the iphone on their network as it is, anyone really think that it will get better once other smartphones are added to the mix?

It's not the phone that counts, but the ability to support it. For that matter, even on VZ, with the N1 coming in spring, our network may begin to lag as more users come online.

Let's hope that the infrastructure is in place first.