Droid could be coming to AT&T

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
via MobileCrunch:

Motorola Droid (”Sholes”) hits the FCC with AT&T-friendly 3G – for real this time.

sholesatt.png

Looks like Verizon might not be the only one getting the Moto Droid. A few days ago, we wrote a post highlighting the fact that a GSM version of the oh-so-hypetastic Motorola Droid (otherwise known as “Sholes” or “Tao”) had cleared the FCC runway. At first, we got a bit excited and misread the details, reading them as if that GSM version of the Sholes had AT&T-friendly 3G bands built in. It didn’t (it was the European GSM version) – but this one does!

Like the last time around, there is just one single reference to the device’s identity as the Sholes, tucked deep within the documents. Unlike that last one, however, this one features good ol’ WCDMA 850/1900/2100 — the bands AT&T uses for their UMTS 3G — alongside GSM 850/900/1800/1900, making it the perfect adoption candidate for both AT&T and Rogers.
Sholes.png

FCC Link

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hold up, that one looks different.. does at&t get one sans gold/bronze?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
idk that seems alittle fishy. Why would they create two different looking phones? The keyboard itself is different. I find it hard to believe, but if it's true. Then moto just wants money lol.

BelfastBurning

Reaction score
launch date?

Wow.. any ideas when this will be announced and/or shipped by AT&T?
We would love to have this phone but won't switch to CDMA.

Also.. is the posted graphic pulled from an actual advert or is it photoshopped?

-JC

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO you still need VZW service to capitalize on the Droid :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before the Droid was officially released, there were some pictures floating around of silver accents instead of gold. Maybe they just used one of those pictures. I have grown to love the gold so I really don't mind if this turns out to be a new color scheme for AT&T.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Could this be fake?

Droids

Reaction score
3 buttons on the face instead of 4? Seems fishy to me...

cuzzinz

Reaction score
just so you guys know that is just a render of the preproduction droid photochopped to fit the title of the article pay no attention to the image... just the FCC info.

imiller913

Reaction score
Did AT&T's network get any better? If and only if the a droid like phone went to AT&T you would still have the same problems as the iphone has.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I know the pic isn't real & while I like the line of just numbers, the bottom row of letters would be too awkward to use.

It's be kinda cool to see the Droid & the iPhone on the same network, then you could put them head to head on level ground.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know the pic isn't real & while I like the line of just numbers, the bottom row of letters would be too awkward to use.

It's be kinda cool to see the Droid & the iPhone on the same network, then you could put them head to head on level ground.
That's what the Nexus is going to do. Go head to head with the iPhone on AT&T. Regardless of the device, I hope to see Android take up some market share :)