Droid Concepts!

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Just would like to say that the D3 is soon to be an officially supported Droid Concepts device! I will start development as soon as I get my D3 set up and running and activated. I will have something for all of you soon to be D3 users soon.

Anyone else order a D3 today??

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I did, and I'm tickled pink we'll have some dev support so quickly.

Thanks!

Raptor007

Reaction score
I have read posts saying it is unlocked like the XOOM, and posts that say it isn't. At the end of the day the bootloader really prevents custom kernels, we will get ROM's at the minimum, but kernel's can do so much more.

As always, a caveat to remember is read, re-read, and read again before doing anything that involves rooting, hacking or altering the OS. There is a fine margin of error between my phone rocks and its dead and Verizon won't support me.

I bricked a phone before and I was lucky, and I mean very lucky to get it swapped out. Called in a few favors to get it done, otherwise it was a $700 paperweight.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Yes the Droid 3 is locked. Im getting a bunch of Google Alerts w/ articles stating it has a locked bootloader from stock.
Woodyman, I received my D3 today!

Big D

Reaction score
Ordered yesterday and already bumming about the non root life. I forget how horribly bloated the stock stuff is.

Woodman! Git on yer horse!

Seriously, Woody. What dod you think we should expect from a timeline standpoint and would you prefer donations to come in now or after?

Oh and thanks so much for your committment to the D3. It's why I pulled the trigger.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
The stock on this phone is actually nice. I still prefer rooted for the extra options and adding/deleting system stuff but its prett cool so far. I need to get used to this new keyboard layout as opposed to the D1.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

MaxwellSearcy

Reaction score
I'm really wanting to grab one (breaking out of AT&T for it), but I need to see it rooted before I commit! Ah, the phone looks great, but root access will really push me over the edge.
Love that all the predictions for dev support seem to be coming to fruition! So excite... mayhaps this thing is a TB killer? Hmmm? =]

HokieDroid

Reaction score
After trying every flavor of GB for my Droid, and experiencing all kinds of frustration in the process, I finally found Droid Concepts a couple of months ago. Such fresh Froyo. I fell in love with my D1 all over again. With that said, the allure of the D3 was just too much. My D3 arrives tomorrow.

I can't say how pumped I am that DC plans to support the D3. Can't wait to see what you guys can do with GB on the D3. Definitely will receive my $ support!

Woodyman, you da man.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

Johnnyb

Reaction score
So, root is a reality...................how long does it take to ROM?

Sent from my D3, rooted and looking for ROM's

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ROM does us no good, until we get a custom recovery in order to flash it.

(I think. :) It's been so long since I rooted my OG Droid)

Johnnyb

Reaction score
ROM does us no good, until we get a custom recovery in order to flash it.

I think you're probably right. We need a way to SBF to stock (I'm not even sure if SBF is going to be the correct term for the D3)

inqued07

Reaction score
I was just cyanogen's website and I read that cm7 is compatible with gingerbread. If that's the case then why doesn't it support droid3? Is it due to build number of gingerbread?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dazoe

Reaction score
cyanogen can't support a phone that doesn't have the capability to flash a rom yet.