Droid Charge Outlook Sync

reneeineastbay

Reaction score
I searched the forum and didn't see an answer to my question, so I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered. I just bought a Droid Charge. I have always had a Blackberry and this is a huge change for me.

I have always synced with Outlook for my contacts, tasks and calendar. No one at Verizon had a clue if I can still do this. I an not on an exchange server, it's just a personal PC with Outlook on it. But I run my life with it (and personal business). When I did a google search about syncing, I found some software by Companion Link: Sync the DROID with Outlook and more -- CompanionLink

Will this work? Or is there another way to do it? I have a gmail account, but don't really use it. My personal account (that I use with Outlook) is a Yahoo account. I've already added that email account to the phone, so I get the emails fine. But I need my calendar and tasks!

Suggestions? If I can't sync them, I might have to just go back to BB. although I really like this phone. I have 14 days to decide :/

Thanks in advance for any advice! -Renee

companionlink

Reaction score
Companion Link is one option. Here are some others:
Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

Exactly. CompanionLink can handle your contacts tasks, calendar, and more. We even have a 14-day free trial so you can give it a try before you buy. And, of course, if you have any questions or need any help with our software, I'm here to help.

Also, coming from a BlackBerry, you may find our "switchers" guide handy. Check it out here. Enjoy the new phone!

- David Z.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I would suggest ditching that yahoo account(set up a fowarder) and get use to that gmail account. Besides the fact I hate the ymail GUI, you are now on a google device. Everything can link to you google account. Contacts and calender for example wil sync from the phone to the pc just by using gmail on your phone. When you upgrade from the Droid Charge and you get, lets say for example the Droid X3, just put in your gmail account at start up and guess what? All your contacts and calender evens will be transferred automatically with in about 15 min and the only configuration you had to do was enter the gmail account during set up.

Emperor Crusher

Reaction score
Many Outlook to Charge sync solutions

I agree wholeheartedly with Takeshi. Visit www.syncdroid.net to find a chart with a huge list of software to sync the Droid Charge to Outlook. The chart tells you exactly what the software syncs (contacts, calendar, notes, tasks), how it syncs (USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, wireless), the price (many free) and a whole lot more. There is also a review of each software, including CompanionLink mentioned earlier.