droid can use 2 sd cards?

adam8ch

Reaction score
1 gig left. 1 movie (wall-e), bunch of music. still carry around my ipod, not enough space on here for music.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Unfortunately the DAY I got my Droid I took out the 16GB MicroSD card at work to try and pull some info off my old 8GB from my Imagio (didn't work) and by the time I went to put the 16GB BACK into the Droid, someone had stolen it!

It sucks because i'm the manager where I work so by someone admitting they took it (whether they knew it was mine or not) would be inadvertently admitting they would take something laying out that may not be theirs (potentially my merchandise) so no one ever confessed to taking it and to this day I have been stuck with my 8GB.

I would be looking for better employees....

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Yea only <4GB left here. Tons of music and a couple of movies. I have a music collection well in excess of 100GB which I'm sure many others have too.

32GB will be a nice upg.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I only have about 5GB left on mine. The thought of scrolling through my itunes just sends chills down my spine. Too bad a can't just copy my workout playlist on my ipod and move only those songs over. Life would be so much happier if I could.

You can, as long as you use a PC, Motorola Media Link allows you to specify which iTunes playlists you want to sync to your droid.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I want to put movies on mine too but all my videos are in either avi or mkv... darn :(

there are free programs you can download on your computer to convert to Mpeg4.

I actually bought a program called OjoSoft Total Video Converter. ($25, and offers a 30-day free trial) The UI is kinda cheap-looking, but it literally converts every video type to every other video type. It's crazy how many video types it can read and write -- I've never seen a program that can do so many different video types. Had to play around with it for a bit, to get everything working right, and it doesn't seem to like anything but Stereo sound in the output file (won't preserve the 5.1 surround sound, in other words), but other than that, I've been extremely pleased and impressed.

I've found that 800x450 resolution, 1500k bit-rate video, and 192k bit-rate stereo sound seems to be optimum for the Droid. I converted a high-def 5.1 recording of The Big Bang Theory (with the commercials removed, the original MPEG file was about 20 minutes of video, and a bit under 2GB in size) to a 250MB .MP4 file, using those parameters above. Played wonderfully on my Droid. Crisp, clear video, easy-to-hear sound... I did it just to test the Droid's video-playing capabilities, and I'm VERY happy with the results.

Oh, and that 800x450 resolution mentioned above is for a 16x9 picture. If you're converting a 4:3 picture, you'd want to use 600x450 resolution to maintain the aspect ratio...

Good luck!

DaHarder

Reaction score
how are people filling up 16gb cards?

the only way to fill up a 16gb card would be TONS of music or quite a few videos or a few movies.

My DROID =

3045 Songs, 143 videos (music videos, clips, etc), 1010 pictures. 120 apps (all the extra stuff not stored on the phone).

16gb just isn't that much in today's media-centric environment.​

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ that's a lot of video but I agree with your comment about 16gb not being what it used to with the way media/technology is now

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
how are people filling up 16gb cards?

the only way to fill up a 16gb card would be TONS of music or quite a few videos or a few movies.

I'm using 8 out of the 16GB just for classic console emulator ROMs. Another couple of GB for music. I can see how some folks could fill the entire card quickly.

cgarnes

Reaction score
Am I the only one in here wondering what the huge slot space is for? It's true, there is nothing there (that would connect anything, that I can see, anyway), but what IS that space for?

It's huge! Almost looks like a space for a SIM card, but again, I don't see any connector doo-hickie-thing-a-ma-doodles.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
am i the only one in here wondering what the huge slot space is for? It's true, there is nothing there (that would connect anything, that i can see, anyway), but what is that space for?

It's huge! Almost looks like a space for a sim card, but again, i don't see any connector doo-hickie-thing-a-ma-doodles.

itmyaq!

:)

cgarnes

Reaction score
am i the only one in here wondering what the huge slot space is for? It's true, there is nothing there (that would connect anything, that i can see, anyway), but what is that space for?

It's huge! Almost looks like a space for a sim card, but again, i don't see any connector doo-hickie-thing-a-ma-doodles.

itmyaq!

:)

Silly, silly me, this is how I get when I am sleep-deprived, lol, but what does itmyaq mean?

:icon_eek: