Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

Mortiel

Reaction score
Lets face it. You all are delusional if you think there is a such thing as an "un-fixable flaw" in the tech industry. Motorola would be out of business years years ago if they practiced business like that.

Yes, there may currently be flaws. Will they refuse to fix them by launch? Don't be stupid.

Motorola even made a statement to Engadget that there well be no such bugs, which means either all this is fiction, or that they are fixing the bugs. My money is on the latter.

Editorial: bugs on unreleased phones don't matter (update: Motorola says phones will 'ship as scheduled') -- Engadget

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

i think most everyone was hoping and advocating for Moto to not release a flawed phone, and to do whatever was necessary (even if it meant delaying a release beyond what Moto had planned) to fix any problems.

but, the primary reason for my post was to remind you that Respect is rule No. 1 on the Forum. you can express your opinions without calling anyone else's opinion stupid or delusional. thanks!

I was not calling anyone anything disrespectful. I was merely bringing logic back to the rumor mill here... Delusional and stupid are things I see as being a person's choice. Believing every rumor that a source puts out, regardless of how credible, are always just rumor.

I've worked for Verizon for quite a while now, and have remained cautiously silent and just reading all the nonsense that people claim as fact. Not one person that I've seen regularly post here prove that they are incapable of intelligent thought. Because of that, I hold you all to a higher standard. You should not be considering it disrespectful in the least.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
you forgot #4 Husker

#4. Flaw existed and was ALREADY fixed.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mortiel there is rumor and there is CREDIBLE information...

There is a big difference : )

This was not rumor.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mortiel there is rumor and there is CREDIBLE information...

There is a big difference : )

This was not rumor.

You are entitled to think whatever you want.

I wasn't being argumentative so please don't misconstrue my words. I am only trying to point out that rumor is "Hey I heard........" while credible information comes from people that have ACTUAL first hand experience with product(s).

CellZealot

Reaction score
Here we go with the credibility merry go round again.
There is simply no way to prove the veracity of such statements by these sources.
Take it for what it's worth and move on...Winston and xbernaut have shown time and again that they know exactly what they are talking about.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
No worries CZ it goes with the territory : )

Strong statements will never go unchallenged.

briankeith513

Reaction score
Here we go with the credibility merry go round again.
There is simply no way to prove the veracity of such statements by these sources.
Take it for what it's worth and move on...Winston and xbernaut have shown time and again that they know exactly what they are talking about.

I agree, but the problem comes into play when xbernaut told me(bkw13) that the issue is "unfixable", yet 4 days later Winston says it will be fixed very soon, possibly today. Those are both well-known insiders on hofo, that I've known to be reliable, yet the info is directly conflicting. My guess is that xbernaut was wrong, but he hasn't attempted to clarify his original statement to me.

briankeith513

Reaction score
Well this story *will* make me re-think the Bionic:
Atrix 4G, XOOM Coming End of February, DROID Bionic & LTE XOOM Beginning of Summer | Android Phone Fans
I do not wish to wait until the end of June for the Bionic. Perhaps a Thunderbird *is* in my future after all.

Yep, I don't think that I can wait that long. At CES it was said that the Bionic would be available at the beginning of the 2Q, now it's being said to come at the end. That's too far off to announce something, then released 5-6 months later. I will probably get the Thunderbolt or the Iphone 4 at this point.

kparks

Reaction score
Thanks for really bumming me out today CK ;)

Seriously though, I just can't see Motorola releasing a flagship series of phones that are plagued with problems.
Look where MOTO was before the D1 no where.. and this is the same company who keeps making the same BB and shoving them in our face.. the droid 1 was a great device its dated now obviously but it was a huge step. i will never buy a phone from MOTO but thats just me. But i still wanted this bionic to be a BEAST cuz it will push the industry..

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL, damn you Google/Android for making me actually care about phone releases. I still remember when I couldn't give a damn about what phone I had. It just had to make calls...for emergencies lol

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL, damn you Google/Android for making me actually care about phone releases. I still remember when I couldn't give a damn about what phone I had. It just had to make calls...for emergencies lol

LOL. ain't that the truth! But, its a nice problem to have.

Yeah, I'm still OG D1.