Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

creaky

Reaction score
I don't know wingdo....he's pretty trusty and is a Moto insider. He has always spoke highly of Moto devices and this is a first. It's reason enough for me at least to have a wait and see approach. I'm now officially out on this one but will watch the release.

I am not saying he's not a trusted source, but these are the two phones (Bionic and Atrix) Moto Mobility is putting all their eggs into. If these two phones go out amidst a big heap of failure I don't think it bodes well for the longevity of Moto Mobility. I cannot see them releasing their flagship phones if they won't even idle w/o severe overheating.

We will have to see. I have no desire to move to any other h/w vendor for Android, so this better be a big bit of nothing. ;)

I sure hope so, wingdo. Let's remember the Storm 1 (the phone I am unfortunately saddled with). I think that was the beginning of the end for RIM.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Believe me guys I'm with you on this. I DON'T want this to be true but considering who its coming from I have to get up and walk away from the table.

I'm just as unhappy because this means I'm in for a long wait for a new device yet again grrrrrrr

Droid--->ether--->this thread

veedubsky

Reaction score
Man....too much conflicting info to make am educated decision. Looks like Ill have my D1 forever.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Seriously though......all my considerations and ponderings about what phone to get next always end in my head with "but its just not my D1" :-(

Same thing I say everytime I consider my upgrade in a couple months. It's not a OG Droid. I just keep considering buying up a few OG Droids on Craigslist and have a D1 forever :)

-Dubsky

UNC

Reaction score
Believe me guys I'm with you on this. I DON'T want this to be true but considering who its coming from I have to get up and walk away from the table.

I'm just as unhappy because this means I'm in for a long wait for a new device yet again grrrrrrr

February 10th isn't that far off CK.. ;)

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What's February 10th?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for really bumming me out today CK ;)

Seriously though, I just can't see Motorola releasing a flagship series of phones that are plagued with problems.

Really cuz the motorola droid 1 was plagued with headphone jack and keyboard coming unglued issues. The droid 2 and droid x was built better but motoblur causes the device to lag like crazy. I like moto but its like they take 1 step forward 2 steps back. You finally put out a better built device compared to the original droid and you crap on it with motoblur.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
it's UNC - you get 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count. vphone... ;)
Ah lol.....no iPhone for me : )

Sorry to always bring bad news husker but its better to know what you are getting into rather than getting something and being told "yeah I heard that was going to be an issue " lol

UNC

Reaction score
I'm just saying! Lol.

I personally plan on getting one, but I will probably also get the Bionic if the vPhone 5 isn't LTE compatible.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh, i agree! plus, you gots the connecks - gotta take the bad news with the good, right?! :)

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah. I put this in the other Bionic thread a couple of days ago and no one believed me. Everyone said there's no way Motorola would put out crap. So what are you guys going to get instead?

sphen22

Reaction score
And I was sooo looking forward to getting the Bionic and Lte tethering to a Xoom. SHIBBY!

wingdo

Reaction score
Yeah. I put this in the other Bionic thread a couple of days ago and no one believed me. Everyone said there's no way Motorola would put out crap. So what are you guys going to get instead?

Well first I am going to see if the Bionic is released all buggy and whatnot. If it is, it won't take but a couple days for the complaints to start rolling in. At that point, I am not sure. I do not care for HTC's call quality compared to Moto, I won't buy Samsung or SE, which leaves either LG of hoping for a summer release of an LTE iPhone 5.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
At least you have choices wingdo. I want to stick with a Motorola product......

Perhaps this will be a blessing of sorts when the Droid 3 is released as stock Android w/ an unlocked bootloader : )

Stock Android is a possibility unlocked bootloader is wishful thinking based off of Moto's retraction. Just thought I'd put that out there

creaky

Reaction score
Another thought: Since the Atrix will be released before the Bionic, I think we can get a good sense of what PMU problems there might be before the Bionic even drops.