droid bionic

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Boy you hit that right on the nose! Had to jump in here and totally agree with your analogy!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jwilly216

Reaction score
electricman58 said:
??? I would rather keep my Bionic over any of those!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

True dat son. U seen what the rezound looks like w/an extended battery? Pssssh. No 1 can rock it like the DROID BIONIC

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
You gotta remember who the ads are targeted at.
They don't care about the people who browse this and similar forums. We're not going to be persuaded by advertisements. And we're not a large enough consumer base to warrant added advertising expenditure.

Most consumer goods aren't advertised by technical specifications. You used the car analogy so I'll continue using that:

-Yes in car commercials they mention miles per gallon.
- Yes they mention warranties.
- They occasionally mention horsepower and engine size.

But what do they close with?

- They make the car seem cool.
- They tell you how sleek it is.
- They tell you, "yeah it does this (what all other cars do) but why not look like a bad ass while you do it?"

Why do all truck commercials have a grizzly sounding man drawling out "when life hits hard, the -insert truck model- keeps trucking"? Because it sounds manly and cool.

Everyone knows smartphones can do cool stuff.

Everyone who cares knows the spec difference between the phones.

Commercials are intended to be subliminal propaganda not informative PSAs

Well said

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

maaybraak

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
They don't care about the people who browse this and similar forums. We're not going to be persuaded by advertisements. And we're not a large enough consumer base to warrant added advertising expenditure.

Most consumer goods aren't advertised by technical specifications. You used the car analogy so I'll continue using that:

- They tell you, "yeah it does this (what all other cars do) but why not look like a bad ass while you do it?"

Why do all truck commercials have a grizzly sounding man drawling out "when life hits hard, the -insert truck model- keeps trucking"? Because it sounds manly and cool.

Hahaaahahahahahaaaa! Beautifully said...

Sent from my ICED. 235 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I see you agree with me, that car ads tell more than phone ads.

Does that mean you don't need to show them? The HTC commercials show things you can do with a phone.

Cars have been around since the 19th century, we know they can do cool stuff too. But like you said above, car commercials do a lot more. At least with a car ad, you have an idea on what it can do.

The RAZR wasn't aren't sold much on features, just looks. Going back to my analogy, imagine a car ad where with the sole selling point was that it was red. Nothing about what the car could do, just that it was red.

Take a look at the Bionic commercial. [video=youtube;A-K71MpwCko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-K71MpwCko&feature=related[/video] Not even a picture of the phone, but we wanted it.

The RAZR is thin, that's what the ad said. It mentions 4G, but didn't show it actually doing anything, unlike a car ad. The next Razr ad showed that it came in different colors.

The Maxx ads had interviews with people saying how much they needed a phone to last all day. A mention that the Maxx had the longest talk time was a bit better.

I agree that commercials are intended to be subliminal propaganda. I've heard that people buy things because

A) It's useful
B) It's fun
C) It makes other people jealous
D) Other reasons
(These can overlap. A phone or a car can be all of those)

I also feel that the majority of Bionic owners don't even know what ICS is, much less that they will be getting it. And while that's fine we shouldn't expect a lot of support for when ICS is coming out as we are a minority.

Please don't think I don't like my Bionic. I'm very pleased with its performance and I'm not experiencing the data problems that others have. I'm unrooted, on .905, mostly stock and am happy to wait for ICS.