Droid Bionic won't play streaming video on hdmi out?

asperber

Reaction score
Hello all!

I too have a Droid X and I picked that especially because of the hdmi output. I really didn't care if it was hd or not, but I wanted some type of A/V out like my previous HTC Tilt II had. I am in my vehicle most of the day, lots of time sitting in the car waiting on contractors and doing paperwork. I have a slingbox and I also have my Pioneer AVIC in dash unit, which I had my Tilt connected to VIA the special A/V output cable. I purchased an hdmi to composite converter along with a micro hdmi to hdmi cable and when I received them and hooked it all up, I found that I can't stream my Slingbox to the indash unit. WTF??? I think Blackcharger said he found a way to make this work in his post, and if so, would you care to share the solution please? I also use to use my Tilt to connect to my Satellite system at home VIA the slingbox in hotel rooms when I couldn't get programs from the hotel cable system.

I hope I am correct that someone knows how to make this work or if there's a patch or other fix, they will send me a link.

I have only had my Droid X for a couple of months now, and overall, I like it, but this is one big flaw for me. I even specifically made this needed mode known to the Verizon reps who sold me the phone and they assured me it would do it. So much for savvy sales reps!

Anyway, you have a really great forum here and I will be spending a lot of time reading up on this new Droid and making the best of it.

Best to all and I hope I get someone who has a solution to this dilemma.

IFIXPCS

I posted this in another thread, but this might help you out.I wanted to be able to watch slingbox on my cars headunit via my droid x. I use Real HDMI, and bought an HDMI to RCA converter off Amazon
Search for
HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS

Works like a charm! The only thing you need is to power it in the car (5vdc).... just wanted to give everyone a heads up

Extinct

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't quite tell if this ever got sorted? I have a note2 I would like to stream to tv via the HDMI port - is that possible?

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes. Samsung makes an adapter. You plug the phone in and hdmi out 2 the tv.

Extinct

Reaction score
Do I have to have the adapter, can't I just plug the cable in to the phone and then the tv?