Droid Bionic Boot-up Video & SpeedTest

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;xYN6ZPGOiIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYN6ZPGOiIU&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

The Droid Bionic is coming in just a few weeks, hopefully, and to get you fired up a video has been shared. The above video shows off the upcoming Android powered device in its prime. It takes you through the fairly quick start-up sequence, and shows off the new honeycomb-like user interface.
We have seen countless leaks about this phone so far, and still, Verizon is refusing to give us a date on when it will be released. I personally think early next month is Verizon's last chance to really get some good sales with this device. If they have people wait much longer, it will not be able to standup to the upcoming competition --iPhone 5 & Samsung Galaxy S II.

How long are you willing to wait for this device now?

Via: Phandroid

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I guess I'm a "little" more forgiving. I'm good as long as it comes out the first part of September. After that I may start looking to devices slated for an October release. I'll be the first to say that it's looking very nice regardless of release date. :)

King_Bean

Reaction score
Wouldn't know... never seen a US version boot up, but I'll take your word as fact :icon_eek: haha

Of course, I'm referring to the European version with the ASSUMPTION (which may, admittedly, be a wrong one) that the U.S. version will be the same.

Either way, their are pros and cons to both phones. Not saying the S2 is superior. Just saying the Bionic takes longer to boot.

soulpatch

Reaction score
The only time I need to worry about my phone's boot speed is due to me letting the battery die, a crash, or messing around with the OS to rom it or such so this means really little to most of us... Honestly is the SGS2 boots up 10 seconds faster I would potentially save all of 2 minutes a year. Hell even if it was a solid minute faster it is still only like 12 minutes a year (figuring 2 reboots a month)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only time I need to worry about my phone's boot speed is due to me letting the battery die, a crash, or messing around with the OS to rom it or such so this means really little to most of us... Honestly is the SGS2 boots up 10 seconds faster I would potentially save all of 2 minutes a year. Hell even if it was a solid minute faster it is still only like 12 minutes a year (figuring 2 reboots a month)

But do you know what we could do with 12 extra minutes a year???? We could take over the world!!!

Meh, I'd probably use it to sleep though

King_Bean

Reaction score

The boot time is just an indication that the phone is faster, overall. The S2 is BLAZING fast (European version). From the little I've seen of the Bionic, it doesn't seem quite as "blazing", but again, we haven't seen much of the Bionic. If the Bionic is basically the same as the D3 (minus the LTE), then the S2 is definitely faster and, once again, the boot time aslo hints at that.

Not saying the S2 is better but there are pros and cons to both and I'm definitely not biased to the S2 because I'll probably end up getting whatever comes out first (which means I will likely end up getting the Bionic). Just because I'm likely getting the Bionic doesn't mean I can't tell it like it is and the truth is, the S2 SEEMS to be a faster phone (other than areas where LTE is a factor).

Kryptyk

Reaction score
Well, I have until February to renew my phone and contract. I think I am just going to hold off a bit and be patient. My D1 is still treating me good and runs fine. I just want to see what will happen now with the SGII coming out. I was all for the Bionic, and still am. I just want the best phone that I can get when I renew. The Bionic though is nice though and I like Moto devices due to the fact of their life span as a functioning device.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I have until February to renew my phone and contract. I think I am just going to hold off a bit and be patient. My D1 is still treating me good and runs fine. I just want to see what will happen now with the SGII coming out. I was all for the Bionic, and still am. I just want the best phone that I can get when I renew. The Bionic though is nice though and I like Moto devices due to the fact of their life span as a functioning device.

Same with me. I'm just waiting on the August 29th Samsung event before I make my final decision.

creaky

Reaction score
Is it just me or did the transition from the homescreen to the drawer seem to take a while? My CM7 X with ADW launcher is faster.