Droid automatically mounting USB Storage

Gkope

Reaction score
My Droid has started automatically mounting and turning on USB storage when plugged into the USB port on my computer. Is there a setting that may have gotten toggled on that would cause this? I'd like to get things back to where my Droid would just charge, but not turn on USB storage unless I specifically turn it on.
Running stock 2.1.
Thanks in advance.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
My SD card mounts automatically now as well. This changed for me with 2.1. I kind of like it actually. Don't know of a way to change it.

emlan

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but do you have the program AutoMount (I think this is what it's called) installed and enabled?

tsnstuff

Reaction score
I've also started having this issue. No idea why. But I'm pretty sure it just started recently and omg did they make the Froyo keyboard better? I don't recall ever typing this fast on my Droid.

Anyway, I too would like to know if there is a setup I'm not seeing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Id like to know

I usually use automount, which does not work currently on froyo. If anyone finds how they have this enabled please reply to this thread. I want automount back.

Tino

Reaction score
I usually use automount, which does not work currently on froyo. If anyone finds how they have this enabled please reply to this thread. I want automount back.

Did anybody recently download the doubletwist app. If you go into in, in preferences it defaults to automatically mount when connected. I had a similar issue until I found out it was this app that caused this.

OP
G

Gkope

Reaction score
My SD card mounts automatically now as well. This changed for me with 2.1. I kind of like it actually. Don't know of a way to change it.

Well, now I just feel dumb that I haven't noticed even though I have had 2.1 installed from the first day I could get it. Thanks. Thought I was going nuts. And no, I don't have Automount installed.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

Did anybody recently download the doubletwist app. If you go into in, in preferences it defaults to automatically mount when connected. I had a similar issue until I found out it was this app that caused this.

i was having the same issue and reading this made me realized it started after i downloaded double twist so thank you very much

tsnstuff

Reaction score
This is why I love this place. It Was indeed the double twist app. Odd feature for a media program to have.

Well I guess its related since you need to upload your media but still....

Anyway Thanks!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jjf

Reaction score
Thanks for discovering this, it was driving me crazy. Now that apps install to SD, I don't want to unmount the SD from the phone every time I put it in the dock.

gmack35

Reaction score
mine has started doing this in the past day or two. droid1 stock. i recently downloaded the winamp player. maybe that has a similiar setting, will have to check.

UPDATE: winamp does have a automount setting also. thanks for this thread. it pointed me in the right direction.

Last edited: