Droid and Windows PC

Imemine

Reaction score
I'm use to having a windows mobile phone and being able to connect it to my computer and save books, audio, etc. Does anyone know how I can do that with the Droid?
Thank you
M

atlharry

Reaction score
1) connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable
2) Look in the notification bar for the USB icon
3) Pull down the notification bar and select the option to mount the SD card
4) voila! move to your hearts content!

dajakal

Reaction score
Motorola Media Link is pretty nice for audio pics and video. You still have to do the sd card mount. Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA

Not being sarcastic, but curious. Why use something like Media link instead of just dragging and dropping? I have always perferred to just drag and drop a file or folder onto my phones when possible.

I don't use Media Link myself, but I made an earlier post about this overall point - managing a large media library is infinitely easier with iTunes, and it's part of what makes the iPhone so great. With the Droid having the capability to run video and music apps that rival the iPhone's apps, the only gap is in the PC software. Drag and drop is a great if you have a handful of songs, but it's an awful way to manage a library. I'm still looking for something better...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's an APP called EStrong File Explorer. You can connect via wi-fi to your PC and transfer files back and forth. I love it. Use it all the time. Don't have to physically plug the phone in..... can do it from anywhere in the house.

Jorakal

Reaction score
Media player and Windows Explorer work great for me. I use Windows 7.

jwtsang718

Reaction score
drag & drop files between PC & Moto Droid

:icon_ banana:Thanks a million ATLHARRY for the solution in moving files between a PC & a Droid phone. I'm very used to Windows Mobile and was not able to figure out how to this. I can actually sleep now.

silverx10

Reaction score
Not being sarcastic, but curious. Why use something like Media link instead of just dragging and dropping? I have always perferred to just drag and drop a file or folder onto my phones when possible.

I definitely second this, and it's one of the things I saw as a drawback to the iPhone. I've never liked the iTunes software since that fateful day where I accidentally told it to have its way with my carefully and painstakingly laid out files.

Quite frankly, I've never had a phone that's as easy to deal with as the DROID.

Drag and drop?

Please sir, can I have s'more? ;))

Slighter

Reaction score
I merely mentioned Media link, it's an option for library management. Believe it or not there are folks out there that even though they understand d&d still don't use it(ie my gf, ex, kids). I think I was the only person out of the six buying on release day who had a Google/gmail account. Some will always prefer an app and any alternative to Apple is a good thing. Now I need to find my head after the chopping.