Droid and Motorola T505

LennyPK

Reaction score
Anybody using the Droid with Motorola's T505 car speakerphone? I would like to go as hands-free as possible, so I am considering this purchase... IF it plays nice with the Droid.
Can I initiate a call with this unit or will it only connect after a call connection is made - like my current mono Bluetooth headset?

How well does the FM modulator work for playing Droid music through the cars speakers.
Will it mute the music when call comes in?
Can I answer an incoming call by voice through the T505.

Also interested in any feednack from anyone using the Blueant Supertooth 3. It claims that an incoming call CAN be answered through voice response.

japaleno

Reaction score
Can I initiate a call with this unit or will it only connect after a call connection is made - like my current mono Bluetooth headset? - you can call the last number dialed, thats it.

How well does the FM modulator work for playing Droid music through the cars speakers. - works like a champ
Will it mute the music when call comes in? - yes
Can I answer an incoming call by voice through the T505. - no

OP
L

LennyPK

Reaction score
Can I answer an incoming call by voice through the T505. - no

I am still confused about this. Is it a limitation in Bluetooth capability or a limitation of the Droid? If it's a bluetooth limitation why do I see the following from an Ebay ad for the T505

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Optimized for the car, the MOTOROKR T505 lets you take and make calls hands-free and listen to your tunes with features like echo/noise reduction and Audio CallerID. Portable and powerful, theMOTOROKR T505 is an innovation for the in-car experience.[/FONT]

TheShaz

Reaction score
I have the T505 - I ordered the DROID Friday and I should get it Monday or Tuesday.

I've had the T505 for over a year using it with my WinMo Samsung Omnia. The audio is perfect, it's abilithy to find a clear FM station is good. Holds a charge for a long time.

As for answering the phone on the WinMo - when a call comes in you either press the answer on the phone device or the phone button on the T505.

I will post my findings as soon as my :motdroidvert: arrives

edavis

Reaction score
I have been using the T505 with my Droid. Works great. I love listening to Pandora over FM. Sound quality for call is very good.

TheShaz

Reaction score
The DROID just arrived 20min ago :) Wife has the van at work and the T505 is in there - I will test it out tonite :)

Feel like a kid in a candy store.....what do I do 1st!?!?!?!?!

TheShaz

Reaction score
OK got the phone yesterday, wife had the T505 with her. Tried it this morning.

Works like a charm. Pairing was easy. Didnt have any of my music downloaded to the Droid yet...so I installed Pandora.

Music was perfect :icon_ banana:

farmerscotty

Reaction score
it works super

I got this on Wednesday and with the droid I can now listen to just about anything I want......sound is great over fm even in a tractor. The sound and voice is great too! this is a must have item to go with the droid!

Farmerscotty

OP
L

LennyPK

Reaction score
Question for Shazam or anybody with MotoRokr T505.

o.k., it's working great with my Droid - streaming music and sound through my cars audio system.

When I get in the car in the morning the Droid connects with the T505 and all is well.

When I leave my car the Droid does not always disconnect from the T505 - bluetooth is still active, so all sound is going to T505 - no sound on the phone. I have to turn off bluetooth to make a call.

Isn't the connection supposed to drop on its own when I leave the car??

TheShaz

Reaction score
Depends on how far away you get from the T505. When I leave the car I. Toggle off the BT on the Droid, the t505 will power itself off. I have a widget that let's me toggle bt, wifi, GPS and screen brightnes

TheShaz

Reaction score
Its the POWER WIDGET - it comes built in.

Click and hold on a empty space on the desktop and select widget and scroll thru for POWER.

So when I get ready to leave the car I toggle off the BT on the DROID, the T505 will say "Connection Dropped" and it will after 5min power itself down.

I broke my BT earpeice and have yet to replace it. So I turn off BT to save battery.

If I had a BT earpeice, I would PWR down the T505, then power up the BT earpeice to pair it and then leave the car.

jrdahman

Reaction score
I have the T505 and I used it just fine with my LG env touch.. but when I got the droid, it won't voice call when I push the little telephone icon (it used to say, "say a command" then I would say "call home. then it would dial.. what am I doing wrong.. will the droid not do this????