Droid A855 tethering

emr

Reaction score
Hello. I have the droid A855 model and wish to tether with it. I currently was using a hotspot with the Palm Pre Plus, but do not care for the phone. I have downloaded the xp file drive needed. Verizon does not support tethering with this phone. Is there another option so that I can tether? Thanks

jcolt

Reaction score
You need to root the device and then doenload wireless tether from the market. There are many threads on rooting which will explain how to do it

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. To wifi tether you need root. I think you can usb tether. It would be in settings/ wireless & networks/ thethering. If you have more questions feel free to ask. Enjoy your stay.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! lots of info in here - probly more than you could ask for!! browse around, post around, and join in the fun!! :)

as for your specific question, there are a few apps that allow for tethering - Easy Tether, and PDA Net. they're in the mkt. also, as mentioned above, you can tether pretty easily with root. but, before you root, i would recommend researching the threads and deciding whether it's right for you.