Droid A855 No Internet Connection No 3G

lawenforcer

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am desperate, I just activated a Droid 1, A855 and I am unable to get internet connection via Verizon Network. I can only get it via Wi-Fi. I have been on the phone with tech support for over an hour and took it into Verizon Store and they couldn't fix it. We have done the *228 option 1 and 2 several times. They have done factory resets etc... I am in a 3G area that has always worked on my Blackberry, now I have purchased my first droid and cannot connect to the internet. I also am unable to get it to go to the 3G network. The icon will not show up on top. I actually set my phone next to an exact same phone and it was connected to 3g and internet just fine. All the settings are the same. The network connections are all on etc...If someone could please help I am about to go nuts over this. Thanks for all your help!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If I had just purchased that phone, I would try to return it. Especially after the side by side test and talking with VZW. My own opinion.

comk4ver

Reaction score
If it's under warranty don't bother monkeying around with it just send it back because it's most probably a hardware defect... however if you're feeling adventurous you may want to try reflashing the original sbf (eclair 2.1) file it might be something with the system file (an file error already in this phone itself). And just go from there but only if you comprehend exactly how to do it and can follow instructions. If you're rooted have you tried alogcat just get your power settings widget and turn off wifi and turn on 3g and see what the logcat does.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App