Droid A855 Bootloader stuck? Wisdom Needed :)

Smurff

Reaction score
Okay, so phone had low battery about 20% then kicked off then back on to bootloader, tried restarting phone, back to bootloader, tried clearing data/cache, reset, back to bootloader, tried recharging, couldn't because can't charge in bootloader. it seems to have literally got stuck at bootloader at random last week, tried charging battery in another droid, still nothing but bootloader, tried SBF (several times, using RSD Lite 4.6) Failed, battery was still fine, it's at about 50% the other droid to charge isn't in my hands for a while probably later next week. I'm really wanting to get this thing fixed, but it keeps failing at SBF (tried on XP as Admin and on Win 7) it just seems to crap out and the bootloader has added the line Code Corrupt. Memory card also magically unreadable after this dilema struck.

Okay, so that's the backstory, i have since used 1KDS' Linux Solution to SBF to FRG22D, still stuck in bootloader, code corrupt is gone, can still access the Stock Recovery, tried clearing cache/factory reset multiple times (which times out cuz it can't find E: open dev

so yeah, i'm stuck on this now, and am unsure of what steps to take next.

there is some dust in the main screen (between lcd and 'glass')
This is about my 3rd or 4th replacement for various issues, ranging from Camera problems/Speaker/Headphone/Charging port.

bootloader displays
2c.7c.

Battery OK
OK To Program

Connect USB

hoping to resolve this quickly, trying to avoid having to get another refurb from VZW as each one always seems to have some minor issue.

if i must i guess i will though

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few have been lost in this same fashion.

What is the flashing error? Does it try to reboot the phone?

Sent from my A855.

OP
S

Smurff

Reaction score
when i got errors flashing it was failed to BP_Pass but i got it to push the update using 1KDS live disc process, but the phone is still stuck in bootloader.