Droid 4 Update. Android 4.1?

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Hi to all!
I've just received a notification of an update: 98.72.18.en.US
Anybody knows if this is Android 4.1? Anybody installed it?
I'm scared to lose root...

OP
Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Mmmmm... I didn't even know what Soak Test is, so I guess it's the original update. :happy3:

Andrew777

Reaction score
It's the 4.1.2 update

Hi to all!
I've just received a notification of an update: 98.72.18.en.US
Anybody knows if this is Android 4.1? Anybody installed it?
I'm scared to lose root...

When I got my android it was 2.3.6 and very responsive and when the 4.0.4 ICS update rolled into my phone it became less responsive... :frown:
I figure at this point the 4.1.2 can't be any worse than the update to 4.0.4 was and from what I'm reading about 4.1 it should be much better :icon_ lala:
dancedroid

TerryS

Reaction score
When I got my android it was 2.3.6 and very responsive and when the 4.0.4 ICS update rolled into my phone it became less responsive... :frown:
I figure at this point the 4.1.2 can't be any worse than the update to 4.0.4 was and from what I'm reading about 4.1 it should be much better :icon_ lala:
dancedroid
it actually can be worse:

after the JB update I can't connect to Wi-Fi anymore - seems like with this update Motorola or Verizon (or both) has decided not to support
some older wireless routers:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/947273
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/947162

I wish I can go back to ICS now ... :angry:

OP
Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score

TerryS

Reaction score
Have exactly the same problem with some routers (maybe some old ones). :angry:
i also noticed that JB is much hungrier for a energy ... I disable all location access services, wifi (as it does not work), mobile data (just in case, because I usually don't use it as I have almost always on wifi)
and drained the whole battery in a mere 5-6 hours ... usually i can live through a day easily (as i don't use heavy apps, no video, etc)...
on ICS after I plugged the phone via usb to charge - i was able to get to almost 100% back very quickly -
now on JB - it almost does not charge - as if I am running some heavy apps while charging.... while, in fact i'd closed all the applications ...

:angry::angry:

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Give JB a couple days to smooth out on battery while it indexes all the files on your phone. Some people reported getting normal battery life after doing a factory data reset.

TerryS

Reaction score
Give JB a couple days to smooth out on battery while it indexes all the files on your phone. Some people reported getting normal battery life after doing a factory data reset.

fair enough, but in that case, why does it attribute most of the battery use to the "display",
not to some "com.android.indexerprocess" service? how can i check the indexing status?
thank you.

Andrew777

Reaction score
it actually can be worse:

after the JB update I can't connect to Wi-Fi anymore - seems like with this update Motorola or Verizon (or both) has decided not to support
some older wireless routers:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/947273
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/947162

I wish I can go back to ICS now ... :angry:

I use WiFi Analyzer to connect to wireless networks and settings to disable / enable the wireless but I haven't been able to not connect to a router yet.
For me the JB is more responsive then the ICS and I am happy with JB even though there are some quirks but it was better than ICS's quirks and the battery life is better for me too as well as screen responsiveness when rotating or opening a program.
Obviously it's all an opinion but I do like this better than ICS and I thank Verizon (because I was getting upset at the ICS). dancedroid