Droid 4 screen light not fully lit cant see

gotpot22

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a motorola droid 4 and my issue is that the screen isnt working. The phone works fine touch screen is fine but you no wen u press the power button and the screen lights up? well it doesnt light up, well it does very very very slightly the only way i can see the screen is if i use the sunlight at an angle to read whats there i.e. text msgs and phone calls. it seems as the connectors for the screen arent fully attached or something. If by some miracle the screen decides to light up if i open up an slide it to get ot the physical keyboard the screen goes black and then im back to where i was before. wud there be any way to fix this issue?

Mpballa007

Reaction score
Did you try download the Screen Brightness app? If your phone is rooted, re flash it.
If it's not call Verizon will send you a warranty replacement next day mail via fed ex

outsid0r

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a motorola droid 4 and my issue is that the screen isnt working. The phone works fine touch screen is fine but you no wen u press the power button and the screen lights up? well it doesnt light up, well it does very very very slightly the only way i can see the screen is if i use the sunlight at an angle to read whats there i.e. text msgs and phone calls. it seems as the connectors for the screen arent fully attached or something. If by some miracle the screen decides to light up if i open up an slide it to get ot the physical keyboard the screen goes black and then im back to where i was before. wud there be any way to fix this issue?
had this issue right before mine died, the cable between the two halves is going bad, time for a replacement device from VZW