Droid 4 not working properly with social network (facebook)

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
this is my wife's phone and while I've got a separate app for handling her uploads to facebook now (photos and videos) She's not happy with that and wants to be able to do so directly from her gallery. The social network infrastructure is not recognising her facebook account and will not let her upload or view pictures from facebook via the phones built in features. I thought this was due to GoLauncher, but alas, uninstalling that and trying again on the blur launcher netted me nothing. Any suggestions?

Stock droid 4
Fixes attempted: delete and re-sign in to facebook infrastructure. Delete GoLauncher and prior fix. Battery Pull.

Worth noting: Not able to do anything with built in facebook account - force close when trying to make changes every time. not recognised by gallery or social network app built in.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I would say try using a different FB app. I just downloaded Socialize for Facebook yesterday because the official app was a resource hog. So far I like. It's faster than the stock app too. It's the green one and it's free without ads. I'm also using GoLauncher and this app works fine with it

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
well, I have downloaded a separate app for her to download and upload pictures, but she's not entirely happy with it. the facebook app from the market itself is fine. What is giving us problems is the infrastructure that is built into blur, such as being able to upload photos via the gallery to facebook in mass or even one at a time to a specific album instead of as a wall post (Via the facebook app itself or facebook app through the gallery).

dmoyn

Reaction score
I'm using FB app on the droid bionic and can't add comments to a fb thread. Like I posted a photo and others commented so I wanted to add a comment. I can see the comment box but when I try to type in it, no characters appear. seems like a glitch. tried re-installing the app. Same problem. Also looked at Socialize per above, but it doesn't offer the FB site mobility I need. Can others add messages? Any suggestions?