Droid 3 or Droid Bionic

wontaco

Reaction score
I asked a question similar to this before, but with different phones, so here we go.

I started to set on getting the Droid 3, it shoots 1080p, front facing camera, GingerBread, and, from what I've heard, the keyboard is 1000 times better than the first droid (which I currently have).
My sisters are interested in the iPhone, so I might be waiting into September to get my phone, which got me warmed up to the Bionic.
The only problem is that I don't know much about it. I've seen a few videos, but I'm being torn here.
The Droid 3 has everything I want in a phone, except I'm not much of a keyboard person, but I was told it could make me one. I did survive the past two years with the Droid 1, but I hardly used the keyboard.

So here are my questions:
I read here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...id-bionic-cdma-specs-what-we-know-so-far.html
That the bionic supports 720p Video recording and 1080p decode/HD Video playback, does this mean it only shoots in 720p, or that you can film in 1080p?
and
If you were in this situation, which phone would you be more for?

kristoff125

Reaction score
Not sure how going from 3G to LTE will work on losing your unlimited data, main reason I wanted to stick with 3G, and the Droid 3 is the perfect replacement for my OGD.

wseyller

Reaction score
Not sure how going from 3G to LTE will work on losing your unlimited data, main reason I wanted to stick with 3G, and the Droid 3 is the perfect replacement for my OGD.

It won't affect your unlimited data. 3g and 4g lte are under the same plan.

The videos you saw of the bionic must have been the etna version that was scrapped which is probably why you think it is only 720p video capture. The new targa version releasing in september will have 1080p video capture.

To decide:

Go with the D3 if you have no use for 3g, need a physical keyboard. Also D3 will be easy on the wallet.

Go with bionic if you want 4g and slighty bigger screen.

Everything else for the most part is the same. It is possible for the bionic to have a slighty higher clock speed on the omap processor but we don't know that yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited: