Droid 3 Help!

droidball

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum! I may be posting in the wrong area so i appologize if so. My question is im thinking of getting a droid phone, preferably the droid 3 or maybe bionic or xperia. I am a Ps3 guy so that whole aspect interest me on the xperia. Will the droid 3 or any other droid phones have the whole playstation suite intergration with play station store and games or is that solely for the xperia? Thanks for the help!!

linuxgator

Reaction score
My guess is no. Sony doesn't like to play nice with others so they'll probably only allow it on their own phones.

xaelith

Reaction score
I've enjoyed Playstation games since the original Playstation first came out, and sadly, linuxgator is right. The Droid3 is a great phone, in my opinion but there's nothing on the phone that comes stock to suggest any sort of integration with the Playstation network. The Droid Bionic is also made by Motorola, so I doubt it will have any such features as well.

As a side note, what are your thoughts on the PS Vita that's supposed to come out by the end of this year?

OP
D

droidball

Reaction score
The vita will be great! its going to have great graphics, good gameplay, 3g capabilities. etc. The biggest question mark for me is what is going to seperate it from a tablet or laptop? Whats going to make a teen, females, business people, etc want to use this? Thats what will determine how great and how many really sell. Could just be another psp...

xaelith

Reaction score
You could be right but either way, I want one just for the sheer fact that I picked up a psp when it first came out and loved it. Unless things have changed since they first announced it, the only bad thing is that the 3g connectivity will only be offered through at&t.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
My guess is no. Sony doesn't like to play nice with others so they'll probably only allow it on their own phones.

I this case I think it kind of makes sense since the games will be built around 4 face buttons and two shoulder buttons. Tough to mimic on other devices.

cldbld

Reaction score
It was a tough choice for me between the xperia play and a Droid 3. I figured im going to get a PSVita when it comes out and Im sure it will be able to play minis just like the PS3 which are pretty much mobile games in HD. So I chose D3 and never looked back.