Droid 3 freezes whenever I close the keyboard!

Sirnigelofnarnia

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time poster here. Anyways, I noticed today that my Droid 3 freezes every time I close the keyboard. It vibrates when I touch the home, back, etc. Keys but it doesn't do anything. The screen just stays frozen at the last thing the phone was at before I close the keyboard. Is this a software issue or what? And if so, is it fixable?

Thanks in advance!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you press on the touch screen anywhere a little harder than you have to does it freeze also?

If the keyboard is closed, and you try to push it closed a little more, does it freeze then?

My original did that and I took it back for a replacement.

OP
S

Sirnigelofnarnia

Reaction score
I just did both... neither made it freeze...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S

Sirnigelofnarnia

Reaction score
Also, there are times when I can open and close it once without it freezing. I have heard that it could be because of a loose connection between the screen and the keyboard, as well. Either way, if anyone has an idea of what it may be, please tell me. Otherwise I'll just go to the verizon store and get a replacement, but I would rather not do that if there is a fix out there somewhere.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, there are times when I can open and close it once without it freezing. I have heard that it could be because of a loose connection between the screen and the keyboard, as well. Either way, if anyone has an idea of what it may be, please tell me. Otherwise I'll just go to the verizon store and get a replacement, but I would rather not do that if there is a fix out there somewhere.

Honestly, it sounds something like the connection between the keyboard and screen. There's a warranty so why mess with it?

I say replacement.