Droid 3, extremely obscure battery issue.

rvcjew

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of people are getting this problem with the 3500mah batts if I was on my comp id link other threads id try a diffrent rom to see if it helps I'm currently using sd 4.5 with speedy v7 config and get good life and phone is very snappy. I forgot if asked already but did you try starting from square one by wipeing and flashing again.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
M

MasterChris

Reaction score
When you get on the computer can you please link me to the other threads because I haven't been able to find any...
SD ROM? Which one is that?
And what's v7?
Nope I have not tried a full wipe.. I don't know I don't really want to do that.. I don't even think it's necessary..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone that didn't know already. 'wiping battery stats' does absolutely nothing, it was stated by a developer that works for good a few months back on her blog, to make things clear for everyone that had been advertising 'how to calibrate your battery'.. In a nutshell, 'wiping battery stats' has nothing to do with battery % or gaining battery life, it has to do with your application data.

"This file [batterystats.bin] is used to maintain, across reboots, low-level data about the kinds of operations the device and your apps are doing between battery changes. That is, it is solely used to compute the blame for battery usage shown in the "Battery Use" UI in settings. That is, it has deeply significant things like "app X held a wake lock for 2 minutes" and "the screen was on at 60% brightness for 10 minutes."

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you. It has no impact on your battery life."

https://plus.google.com/u/0/105051985738280261832/posts/FV3LVtdVxPT

H
ere are some other roms to try;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...e-steel-droid-4-5-gingerbread-1-3-2012-a.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/maverick-rom-d3/196770-maverick-rom-droid-3-mavrom-v3-0-a.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d3/184786-rom-liberty3-v2-0-d3-11-28-sunday-bloody-sunday.html

I
did not include the 2 AOSP roms (CM7GB and CM9ICS) because the preferred hijack is Safestrap and I see you are using CWMR and ICS is not quite complete yet.

Personally I have stuck with Liberty Rom due to it being mostly AOSP and having the most features IMO. Steel Droid is also good, and havent had much experience with Mav Rom.

I only listed those roms because those are the 'more popular' if not most stable and complete (bugless) to use. And I'm not much of a fan for roms that are heavily themed and have watermarks of the rom name, there are more out there (here on DF.net under 'roms') if you don't like any of the above.

Also.. Doing a full wipe usually fixes any current issues, if simple trouble shooting doesn't work a full wipe is usually what fixes the problem. And, if your going to try any new rom you will have to do a full wipe anyway.. Meaning

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
then in mounts and storage
wipe system
wipe dalvik
wipe data

Doing all of that will ensure a 100% clean install. Just "wiping data/factory reset" is not sufficient when moving to different roms and if its a problem with the system just doing that will not fix anything.

Good luck hopefully you figure it out.

Last edited:
OP
M

MasterChris

Reaction score
Thank you for all of this helpful information. This is exactly the kind of idea I was getting with what the "Clear battery stats" does..
This weekend I will actually try a clean wipe just like you have mentioned. But instead put the Stock Droid 3 ROM back, and check to see if the battery percentage is appearing correctly. Later, I will reinstall this same Rubix ROM.
If that doesn't fix the problem, I will try Liberty ROM. I will definitely tell you how everything goes.
Thank you so much!

EDIT : I just realized that for the Rubix ROM, you're supposed to flash it over the Deodexed stock ROM rather than doing a full data wipe, so what would we do in that case?

Last edited:

rvcjew

Reaction score
finally saw this post, thanks for the info Cdjones. :biggrin:

OP
M

MasterChris

Reaction score
Well, I just installed Liberty ROM, and the battery life was not fixed... :(
I am now restoring back to rubixROM.
UPDATE : It "appears" that the restore fixed the problem..(as of now).. because when I turned off my phone, it showed my battery life at 50%..
Now after completing the restore, I rebooted and it shows 82%... Hopefully this is the correct percentage.. :eek:

Last edited:
OP
M

MasterChris

Reaction score
Well.. the problem never got fixed lol.. what now? :(

mrk2019

Reaction score
Well.. the problem never got fixed lol.. what now? :(

Did you figure out how to fix this problem? I have the same issue with my Droid 3. Typing this from the phone and it's been at 1% for at least a couple hours under constant heavy usage (playing games, email, web browsing). It's pretty insane.