Droid 3.5MM Headphone Jack

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything close to the problem I am currently having with my :motdroidhoriz:. For awhile now my headphones that I use (Skullcandy) have been losing signal to the left channel frequently and at random. At first I thought the headphones were defective but upon closer inspection it seems that the 3.5mm jack is defective. The 3.5mm jack does not hold the male end of my headphones in and you can "tilt" the male end a little to the left (about 1-2mm). When I do that it totally disables signal to the left channel. I don't know what to do at this point. I've only had the Droid a little over a month now.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only unfortunate one who has?

Can I call or stop into a Verizon store to get a replacement?

Last edited:

Shooshi

Reaction score
I'm in my 2nd week of using the droid and I notice I have the same problem with my sony earbuds. When the phone is in my pocket and I sit down, the earbuds get alot of static and I start losing my audio. It happens when I tilt the plug too. I noticed when I plug it into my speakers I don't have the problem. I think it might be something to do with how some plugs are tighter than others? I'm wondering if I should go to Verizon and get it exchanged since I'm still within the 30 days.