Droid 2

JMac7

Reaction score
Ok so I am new to the board and I apologize for my first post being a question. I have a problem with my droid though and every time I googled anything about the Droid it brought me here where I always found my answer.

So here's the problem:

Today, I removed the battery from the back of the phone while it was on the charger. I reinserted the battery and upon turning it on, I noticed the 4 icons I have on the home screen didn't show up. So I restarted it again. Upon the second restart, I noticed they were showing up, but very late. Upon the third restart, I noticed that when I pressed on an icon, it would come up, but then when I pressed on any of the default icons on the bottom (contacts, menu, or dialer) it brought me to the screen of the first icon I clicked when I started the phone.

For example,

If I turn the phone on, and I press the text messaging icon and reply to a text, then press the home button, it will return me home. However, if I press in a blank area where there aren't any icons located, my messaging application will pop up again. If I turn the phone on, press the messaging application, return home, and press the menu button, the text messaging application will return. Sometimes it will do this while the phone is asleep too.

I tried removing the battery for a few minutes because I heard that's a version of a soft reset for the phone. What else can I do?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hard reset. Go to privacy and do a factory reset if it isn't resolved by less extreme means.

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict