Droid 2 traveling in Caribbean.. need advice/help

stakeout

Reaction score
will be going on a cruise to the Caribbean next week... just trying to find out what settings to leave my Droid 2 on while there... don't want to incur any unnecessay charges from verizon...

how do I stop my emails from my home ISP's server from auto-downloading also including Gmail and Yahoo email.. I would assume this would incur some charges using 3G .. or do I have that wrong..

it would be nice if I could use my Geocaching.com app but don't know if this is possible...

would putting it in Airplane mode solve this...

any help greatly appreciated..

OP
stakeout

stakeout

Reaction score
I went over to the Android Forums board and got the advice I needed...

cyberyaga

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have sync on

I went to the caribbean a couple of months ago. My company paid for an unlimited data plan for me. And it was $100+ just for the data. I cannot even imagine the charges if someone didn't have unlimited data and was transferring data while roaming.

Make sure you go to the data manager (under settings) and it doesn't have data sync while roaming. Better yet, turn the data sync off.

Have fun... ;)

cjv1982

Reaction score
Put the phone in airplane mode

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rebma85

Reaction score
Turn It Off

I went to Jamaica and my bill was 300 dollars. I accidently left it on so it was pulling emails, data..etc.
The phone company told me to just turn it off next time but they did give me a break. If it's not needed, I'd turn it off completely.