Droid 2 Stuck in bootloader, factory recovery good, any hope for the phone??

Danieljoseph17

Reaction score
hey everyone, i have messed up my droid 2 that had liberty gb 0.9 running. It is now stuck in the bootloader screen. I tried to flash (using clockwork) a 2.3.4 rom that was on rom manager and it apparently was corrupt or something, so i tried to sbf it back to the 2.3.20 file using rsdlite and it gets to the end and says it had an error reconnecting to the phone, but the phone never reboots like it would normally do when sbf flashing, it just stays on the "updating sw" screen and i have to do a battery pull to get it to do anything, then im back where i started; looping to the bootloader. Anyone know of a fix for this? i've tried sbf'ing with rsdlite and OS X both with no luck, though when using OS X it does go through all the way and say update complete, then reboot, but it still gets stuck at the bootloader. I really need my phone and cant afford another one anytime soon so if you can help me out that would be great! Thanks

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best advice I can give is hold "X" to boot the device into Android Recovery, and clear data/cache.

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question... But did you wipe the cache? If you SBF and don't wipe the cache, you'll continue to bootloop until you do, even though the phone is restored.