Droid 2 SD Card Is Blank Or Corrupted

inflikkt

Reaction score
Hi. All my problems began when I first tried to put mp3s on my phone from my pc. I was doing fine using tubemate and just downloading youtubes as mp3 files but... anyway, I wanted to FINALLY put some mp3s from just my pc to my phone (normally) so I plugged it in to my pc, set it as USB storage and copied some mp3s.

I unplugged it, and viola!! SD CARD IS BLANK OR CORRUPTED OR UNKNOWN FILE SYSTEM. what the h ? I thought perhaps I copied them to a bad directory... (though it was the same directory I had already downloaded some tubemate mp3s) I thought I had just done something wrong, so I took it to a verizon store. The guy said the card is unformattable (when u push format it just... does nothing)... yet, when u plug it into a pc, you can still read the file system (at least part of it?) Seems wrong to me.

Anyways I didn't have any irreplaceable data on my phone so I did a hard reset there in the store. After like 10 minutes he plugged it into a pc there and copied an mp3 they had up there. Then we unplugged the phone from the pc and the mp3 we copied could be seen in the music player on recently added. good right? everythings fixed right? wrong!!! wth... :(

so i take my phone back home thinking everythings fine, but later I look at it and the BLANK SD CARD error is back!!! ugh... SD CARD BLANK OR HAS UNSUPPORTED FILE SYSTEM. dsgkljasd;gjsdaogjdfklagjlasdk; Won't read the mp3 we copied in store or anything else in the phone.

ugh i am raging. What the heck is wrong? I know for a fact it was set up fine in the store after hard resetting it. I'm about to hard reset it again myself but I need to know what step i've missed? Since it obviously went back to thinking its unreadable file system. I had usb debugging set up and everything like that initially before i ever tried to copy mp3s. Did that mess it up? Do i have to somehow do something extra to reset the specific sd card so it will be back to FACTORY setting? ive copied apps to my phone from pc and other things before and never had any problems. it just all began after i copied a ton of mp3s. -_-

this is really so annoying you guys have no fn idea. am about to hard reset myself... hope i dont need to know anything specific, i remember he had to put in some weird codes that i havent seen listed anywhere online. -_-

pls help with any sd card ideas, this is literally driving me mad :/

OP
I

inflikkt

Reaction score
i had to reply to my own post with some additional info... ok i just tried to pull out both the verizon card and the sd card and the battery and put them back. reset the phone and now it doesnt say the sd card has an error. will try to copy an mp3 and post again.

OP
I

inflikkt

Reaction score
ok the mp3 i copied is currently playing. i guess.... it is working. will see if it reverts back to sd card = unrecognized file system again. any ideas are still welcomed, have any idea why it would have glitched like this in the first place? or why after a factory hard reset it would glitch like this? also, the file we copied in store... vanished lol. no idea where it could have gone.

captain howdy

Reaction score
I know this has little to do with this post. But I can't figure how to start a new post from my phone. I also have an sd card issue. When thing to download some apps, it downloads then fails to install. Unknown error 8. Yet is I unmount the sd car it will install just. any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance and sorry this is posted in the wrong place

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

newk8600

Reaction score
You are reformatting with the windows utility, right? try something else like gparted (probably a little overkill but it's really handy if you know how to use it). The other thing you can try is maybe Bootice.exe it's a pretty handy utility that can reformat flashdrives and harddrives very well it also can reset a messed up MBR (master boot record) which is how I came across it. Maybe if you do a true clean format (if it works) you might be able to clear off whatever is messing up your sdcard.

You might also see if a friend would let you borrow an sdcard to try in your phone (after he/she removes all their important data and such).