Droid 2 Screen Foam?

natef53

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with the D2 screen? It seems as if there is a black foam matting to the screen bezel and it is pushing up and covering my screen.

img0921xb.jpg

You can see it right at the bottom. I noticed it a week or so ago. It was just a little piece at first but is quickly becoming an annoyance.

I am torn as to try and get a replacement since I had nothing but trouble with my blackberrys and dont want to deal with another refurbished product.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That sucks. I've never seen that before. I would suggest getting a refurb but I've never had any trouble with them.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

pkbest

Reaction score
I have never seen that. that looks as if the screen has been pressed down to the point that the foam trim underneath the glass screen has been forced out of shape and up into view. If you have insurance on your phone I would take it back to verizon and show them. (obviously making sure your phone is not Rom'd or Rooted when you take it in. That voids the warranty (even if the problem is not related).

You could also look around for referbs as Spaz33g suggests. I've bought many refurbs in the past and they've worked fine. 99% of the time a refurb is refurbished after a minor issue... such as a cracked screen or broken button. Nothing huge in the hardware end generally.

Khiraji

Reaction score
I thought I was seeing a very slight curvature or deforming of my D2 screen the other day, in that same area, but I could have been imagining it. If you have insurance, definitely take it in to VZW and have then inspect it.

nickostrander

Reaction score
yeah i am having this issue as well. I am getting worried. it is starting to cover up things on my screen and is very noticable.

jackiexxx

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid 2. Has anyone asked VZW about the issue?