Droid 2 Recovery Help

bump47

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a droid 2 (not global) and he was rooted and was running liberty but wanted to go back to the stock gingerbread that was leaked. Well I'm not sure exactly what he did but it is currently stock in bootloop. I have a Droid 1 so I am not positive how to fix this. I tried going into recovery but when I get to the android guy with an exclamation point, it just stays there, even if I press the search key. How can I get back to recovery so I can wipe data and cache and then reflash the gingerbread leak? Any help is greatly appreciated.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the screen with the android Guy press both volume buttons. That will get you into recovery and you can try to wipe data and cache but if that doesn't work you wont be able to flash a new rom there and will likely need to sbf.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

bump47

Reaction score
Ok, I was able to get into recovery from the volume buttons and I am currently wiping data and cache. After I wipe can I go ahead and click apply update from sd card and choose the gingerbread 2.3.2 rom?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are in clockwork then yeah you can do that but if you are In the stock recovery it will fail signature verification.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

bump47

Reaction score
OK yea the verification failed. Where do I go for SBF? I've never done this before bc I have a Droid 1 and have never had to mess with this

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check out the third post in the third link in my signature for instructions and I can answer any questions you may have. You're going to need the 2.3.2 sbf and red lite 4.9

tappin and a talkin