Droid 2 - R2D2 Issues

Melwin

Reaction score
I'm completely clueless when it comes to this phone. I have had it for about two months and love it, but now it's acting strange. Sometimes the phone will change screens and stuff without me even touching it, almost like it's possessed. Also, now every time I make a call there's this robotic like beeping that happens when the line starts ringing. Anyone know what this could possibly be?

The 13th Doctor

Reaction score
No idea. Ive had mine about 2 months as well, and last night I started having issues. I was running Liberty2.0 at the time, and it was as if some one else had takin over my phone. I could leave it sitting on the counter and watch as it went thru contacts, opened and closed webpages, answered and hung up my phone when the wife called haha.

I figured Verizon would give me hell about having a root, mod and themed phone, so I broke out the d2BootStrapper and restored R2 to his annoying little glory in anticipation of a VZW store visit.

Funny thing, now it works fine. No issues what so ever. Im starting to wonder if these things dont get jumbled up after a while and need to be cleared. I do see many people posting about re flashing and such way more often than I wouldve thought need be. Let me know if you find anything out tho, I just assumed it was Liberty giving me issues.

OP
M

Melwin

Reaction score
Well, I didn't do anything to it and it stopped acting on it's own. The only thing it really does still is the robotic beeping at the start of calls. If I restore it to original default stuff will I be able to get the apps back that I had without repaying for them?? I didn't want to restore if it was going to erase them.

Thanks!!

Mandyy

Reaction score
As long as you use the same gmail account, you can re-download the apps you've purchased. I just had to re-download everything for a replacement Droid2.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just had to re-download everything for a replacement Droid2.

And that's why Titanium Backup is so awesome. I have 247 apps currently on my D2 and it takes me a whopping 5 minutes or so to restore all of them when replacing devices or flashing new ROM's. Plus I get all my data....like Angry Birds....I don't have to start over every single time I have an issue.

You should check it out.....if your rooted that is. If not.....then you are confined to Market and hours of restoration of apps.

I didn't want to restore if it was going to erase them.

Thanks!!

You will not have to pay for them again. That is all linked to your gmail account. In addition if you are talking about restoring a backup then you should have all the apps again that were present at the time you made the backup.