Droid 2 Global Roots wont work

Trevorvixx0

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 global my android version is 2.3.4 and I have tried many ways of rooting but i find none of them successful. I am aware that there may be no way to root my android version yet but if there isnt then could someone help me downgrade it so I can root it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry to say it but if it is anything like the Droid X update (which I am pretty sure it is) you also can not downgrade to an older version. I am afraid you may have to wait until someone finds a way to root where you are now.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Do not try downgrading, you will brick your device.

As of now, there is no known root method for 4.5.629.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say it but if it is anything like the Droid X update (which I am pretty sure it is) you also can not downgrade to an older version. I am afraid you may have to wait until someone finds a way to root where you are now.

I don't know what happened but back when I was rooting phones which I don't anymore people figured that out before they rooted. Why don't they do that anymore?

I can understand not wanting to have all that garbage bloatware on your phone but I would never root the phone unless I knew of a way to bring it back to stock. I suppose sbf is otd (out of date). Do the devs not put warnings about this or is it that people just want to root so bad they don't even thing of it?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do not try downgrading, you will brick your device.

As of now, there is no known root method for 4.5.629.

If I understand what the OP is saying they already have that installed and are trying to root it but are unable. Isn't 2.3.4 the latest?

I don't know what happened but back when I was rooting phones which I don't anymore people figured that out before they rooted. Why don't they do that anymore?

I can understand not wanting to have all that garbage bloatware on your phone but I would never root the phone unless I knew of a way to bring it back to stock. I suppose sbf is otd (out of date). Do the devs not put warnings about this or is it that people just want to root so bad they don't even thing of it?

DX and D2 users still utilize SBF. I think the Bionic and newer phones have a different method but I believe they still utilize RSD for it (not sure as I don't have any of them).

But the newest OTA from VZW/Moto for both the DX and D2G are unrootable and block the ability to SBF back to an earlier version as well. It's gotten a number of people stuck without being able to root. Of course this is all me spitting back what I have been reading since I moved to the Nexus now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DX and D2 users still utilize SBF. I think the Bionic and newer phones have a different method but I believe they still utilize RSD for it (not sure as I don't have any of them).

But the newest OTA from VZW/Moto for both the DX and D2G are unrootable and block the ability to SBF back to an earlier version as well. It's gotten a number of people stuck without being able to root. Of course this is all me spitting back what I have been reading since I moved to the Nexus now.

Good to know but it still doesn't explain why people are rooting when there is no way to get back? Do the areas with instruction on how to root these phones not have warnings?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Good to know but it still doesn't explain why people are rooting when there is no way to get back? Do the areas with instruction on how to root these phones not have warnings?

You know it's funny but now that you mention it I realize I have read a lot of how to root guides and a lot of back to stock ones... But they are typically separate. Rarely are they together in one big guide.

silver6054

Reaction score
I think this is new at least for the D2G. When the previous release was out, 4.5.608, people were quickly able to root using one of the available methods, even though there wasn't a 4.5.608 SBF for a while. If people got into trouble, they could SBF back to an earlier Froyo version and then OTA back to 4.5.608.

In this case, there is no 4.5.629 SBF and no way to go to an earlier version. On the "positive" side, there is also no way to root, so people aren't getting into *that* trouble! (They are hardbricking by trying to SBF)

I see today that there is a way forward for the Droid X 4.5.621, which involves SBFing to 604 for the Milestone, gaining root from there and installing a custom rom, (or maybe using rootkeepter and doing OTA update to 4.5.621) but we are a long way from there, no having the current SBF or something like the Milestone one.