Droid 2 Global in black?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I had to send my Droid 2 in for a replacement because of a couple of issues the phone had. I finally got an email saying my phone shipped today, and it says I'm getting a "Motorola DROID 2 Global Black". I did some googling and it turns out they have a black D2G but I cant seem to find any images of what it looks like, just the normal blusih one and white.

Anyone have any pics of the black D2G?

R

robbyp30

It's the one with the dark blue backing and the dark grey chrome on the front.

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
That's not black though, that's dark sapphire. I guess if they wanna be lazy and just call it black, but I wouldn't mind a black one like the D1 :)

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
After looking further into it, it seems that the "black" droid 2 global is indeed dark sapphire. I dont know why they dont just call it that, kinda misleading since the white one is actually white and not yellow or something, but it's no big deal i guess.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Wow. Did you seriously think they were sending you some sort of special color? I haven't met anybody that would argue my "dark blue sapphire" D2G isn't black in color. If I had lost my phone and had to describe it to somebody, I would say "a black Motorola".

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Why would anyone argue it? It's definitely more of a blue than a black. I didnt do ANY research on the D2G, so what am I supposed to think when I get an email that says "Droid 2 Global - Black"? "Well it says black, so that's clearly blue". It was a simple question I had that got resolved and I didn't argue to anyone about it, I just think it's silly when it's definitely not black.

And if I lost the phone and someone asked what color it was, I'd say a dark bluish color. If it was a Droid 1, I'd say Black.

Castro

Reaction score
Why would anyone argue it? It's definitely more of a blue than a black. I didnt do ANY research on the D2G, so what am I supposed to think when I get an email that says "Droid 2 Global - Black"? "Well it says black, so that's clearly blue". It was a simple question I had that got resolved and I didn't argue to anyone about it, I just think it's silly when it's definitely not black.

And if I lost the phone and someone asked what color it was, I'd say a dark bluish color. If it was a Droid 1, I'd say Black.

+ 1

The phone is indeed dark blue, unless colorblind?

K20turbo

Reaction score
Actually sapphire which is more of a blue you can't really tell unless your anal about it however you should've got the white its sooo sexy it looks a lot like pearl white from the Lexus is 250

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App