Droid 2 Continuously Resetting?

stacialee

Reaction score
I've tried calling Verizon about my Droid 2 resetting almost nonstop. I can't make it through a phone call or browse the web or anything without it resetting. I had had my first one for less than a year when it started acting up. Verizon tried sending me a replacement but it did the same thing. Now I'm on my third Droid 2 in less than a year and it's resetting on its own also. I haven't downloaded any apps on this newest replacement so I don't know what's causing it. Could it be my battery or SD card? I'm just at a loss and I really don't want to get a new phone already when I haven't had this for that long...Please help!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That is really odd, especially if you're already on your 3rd replacement. You could very well be the luckiest person in the world to get 3 in a row like this, go out and get a lotto ticket!

Seriously though, what I would do is probably factory reset one more time and don't install any apps. I think it might be possible, but you might be able to sign into a gmail account even later and not at the initial setup. Go a couple hours with the phone like this and make a couple phone calls or browse the net. If it still restarts on its own at this point I am at a loss.

I doubt it affects it, but take out your SD card and put your files on the computer. Wipe the SD card and put it back in and try it on the phone for a couple hours.

OP
S

stacialee

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call it luck haha but I'll definitely try your suggestion! Thank you!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't know if I'd call it luck haha but I'll definitely try your suggestion! Thank you!

Yeah if it doesn't work I would personally go back to Verizon and kindly ask for a new model phone. Obviously you've had quite a run with D2s and I'm sure they'll gladly let you change models to keep you as a happy customer. I've heard stories of some people only trading in twice and getting new phones already.

googlelover

Reaction score
I think you have to go through 3-5 of the same models for them to even consider giving you a different model, and what do you mean by resetting? Do you mean restarting? or erasing everything? Or something else entirely?

OP
S

stacialee

Reaction score
It's continuously restarting. Going through the M logo then the droid light flashing screen.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset via Recovery?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

stacialee

Reaction score
I've tried both factory resets and calling Verizon. Verizon's solution so far has been to send me a replacement phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've tried both factory resets and calling Verizon. Verizon's solution so far has been to send me a replacement phone.

The flux capacitor was probably full, causing the jigawatt meter to read an incorrect cyphon number.

It other words, calling VZW was your best option.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk