Droid 2 - cant set custom ringtons

sammann

Reaction score
Ive googlled it and I cant find anything that helps me. Im just trying to set a different custom ring tone for a few of my contacts but everything ive tried online doest work. Does any know how to fix this?

wmnomore

Reaction score
Ive googlled it and I cant find anything that helps me. Im just trying to set a different custom ring tone for a few of my contacts but everything ive tried online doest work. Does any know how to fix this?

i have the D1 and this is how you do it:
go into a contact/menu/options/ringtone

good luck
chris

OP
S

sammann

Reaction score

good luck
chris

thats one of the things i saw. I dont get "options" option when I do that.

JimmyD

Reaction score

good luck
chris

thats one of the things i saw. I dont get "options" option when I do that.

My guess is that you're not actually bringing up a contact first, rather, you're probably clicking on "contacts"; which brings up a list of ALL your contacts, then you're trying to go to "Menu" then looking for "Options" there.... and you're right, you won't find "Options" there.... only "Display Options".

Bring up a contact first... in other words, click on the contact that you want to apply a unique ringtone to.... THEN click on "Menu" > "Options" > "Ringtone"

I hope this helps!

(By the way, I'm using a Droid 1, but it's running Froyo (2.2) which is the same thing running on your Droid 2.

OP
S

sammann

Reaction score
And thats what I am doing. I even checked the droid manual to double check I am in fact pushing the menu button and not something else.

The following options pop up when I hit menu when theres a contact Edit, Delete, link contact, Unlink contact, and share name card.

Edit - my friend brought over his droid thats using 2.0 or 2.1, not sure which. He showed me how to do it on his phone but when I tried the exact same thing that he showed me it wouldnt work.

Last edited:

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
The OP is indeed correct... the Droid 1 method does not work with the Droid 2.... I think it might have to do with Motorola's dumb Motoblur....... Anyone have a work around?

tazenman

Reaction score
I have added a ringtone to a contact on my Droid 2.

Go to contacts, select a contact, press menu key then select Edit. Scrol down to Additional info and press the arrow to the right, then scroll down to Call Handling and you can set the ringtone there along with other information.