Droid 2.2 Froyo Gallery?

hacku

Reaction score
Does anyone have the apk for the Froyo gallery on the original Droid? It's the same gallery used in the Nexus One. I really liked it on my original Droid and was wondering if it's something we can use on the Droid X.

EDIT:

This is the gallery I'm talking about in case anyone isn't clear...

[video=youtube;sMwoPS8ts7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMwoPS8ts7Y[/video]

Last edited:

georgepink

Reaction score
Does anyone have the apk for the Froyo gallery on the original Droid? It's the same gallery used in the Nexus One. I really liked it on my original Droid and was wondering if it's something we can use on the Droid X.

EDIT:

This is the gallery I'm talking about in case anyone isn't clear...

YouTube - Nexus One - Camera and 3D Gallery

quick google search revealed this:

Gallery 3D (Froyo) for HTC Desire – Geekness - closer to the world

ps. it does look cool....i'll try it

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. This gallery is a million times better than the stock one...

mattbuds

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what Im doin wrong, I downloaded the zip, copied into the system\ app folder and renamed the stock gallery and unzipped the file. I have done it twice and both times I ended up with no gallery at all.... By the way Im rooted with easy root and running leaked 2.2.... Did I copy it into the wrong folder or something?? It does go in the app file, correct?

I would appreciate any help at all.....

Droid X

Reaction score
download the zip...

Download the zip file and in the zip should be an apk that you install

georgepink

Reaction score
mattbuds;833350 said:
Can someone please tell me what Im doin wrong, I downloaded the zip, copied into the system\ app folder and renamed the stock gallery and unzipped the file. I have done it twice and both times I ended up with no gallery at all.... By the way Im rooted with easy root and running leaked 2.2.... Did I copy it into the wrong folder or something?? It does go in the app file, correct?

I would appreciate any help at all.....

Droid X

what zip, the file 2 posts above yours is an .apk file which is installable, no need to rename the stock gallery at all

OSX2000

Reaction score
Make sure your permissions are straight. Anything in system/app/ should be rw-r--r--.