Droid 1 deletes ALL text messages, including locked messages!

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me three times since I started using this phone. The first two times, the phone said I needed to force close Messaging, and then when I opened it again, they were all gone. First time this happened I cried, since I lost a locked message from a friend I had a falling out with.

It did it again a couple of weeks ago, with no warning, but left 3 texts from the same person. I've heard this was a problem with some people, I'm just wondering if there's a fix to it. I'm tired of losing conversations!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me three times since I started using this phone. The first two times, the phone said I needed to force close Messaging, and then when I opened it again, they were all gone. First time this happened I cried, since I lost a locked message from a friend I had a falling out with.

It did it again a couple of weeks ago, with no warning, but left 3 texts from the same person. I've heard this was a problem with some people, I'm just wondering if there's a fix to it. I'm tired of losing conversations!

Try an app like handcent and make sure your settings are not set to delete in just a few messages.

OP
C

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score

Try an app like handcent and make sure your settings are not set to delete in just a few messages.

I may update to handcent, but i'm reading a few reviews saying that it's become slow, so i may hold off for a little bit.

I have it set to delete after 250 messages, and it automatically deletes the older messages.