Downloads

turtlegss

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to download some pdf from links on a browser but Droid says incompatible file type or whatever and wont let me download. Is that due to some settings? How can I get it fixed so it will let me download pdfs and stuff from websites. Or do I have to root my phone.....

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to download some pdf from links on a browser but Droid says incompatible file type or whatever and wont let me download. Is that due to some settings? How can I get it fixed so it will let me download pdfs and stuff from websites. Or do I have to root my phone.....

Try downloading Documents to Go from the market. Also, it may help if you have Astro (file manager) so you can find saved files on your sd card.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm seeing something on Google about an Android app called RepliGo that will read pdf files. Don't know if it works with Droid. it's in the Market.

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
Martin I cant seem to find it in the market and the qr code isnt working. its just like the issues ive been having with bonsai blast.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dang, I can't find it either on the market in a search. The developer's name is 'ouroborus.org'. See if you search by that and yield any results.

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
I managed to get it via apk finders on my computer. thanks a bunch app is awesome

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
I use apk file installer. its an app theres lots of versions of them. I forgot what mine is called but its got the android robot in the picture. you mount your droid and copy the apk file to the droid and then use the file installer to install it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use apk file installer. its an app theres lots of versions of them. I forgot what mine is called but its got the android robot in the picture. you mount your droid and copy the apk file to the droid and then use the file installer to install it.

Thanks I can take it from here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, i have an .apk installer now but when I try to install crunch lite I'm getting a message saying it cannot be viewed from here.

This is what I did. I downloaded to my computer from the link provided. I moved that file into my SD Card. I then ran my program which is eoe App Installer. It brough up all my files that are apk.

For some reason Crunch lite is in there twice but it doesn't appear to be installed. I long pressed on it and the install dialogue comes up but then I get the cannot be viewed from here message.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

nickb34

Reaction score
There's an option in the phone settings to enable 3rd party app installation... is that enabled? I can't remember the exact path, but it's in there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's an option in the phone settings to enable 3rd party app installation... is that enabled? I can't remember the exact path, but it's in there.

Yes there is an option that prevents you from loading anything from the store. I unchecked it. Or I checked it.

Your post had me run through my applications and I found out it is indeed installed. It must run in the background. Thanks for the post, problem solved.