Downloaded Apps Uninstalled, But Can't Download Again

tender82

Reaction score
Okay, so I had the Locale beta on my phone. It recently expired. (Refuse to pay $10 for the program that I liked, but used rarely.)

The night it expired, I opened up the market and downloaded a couple of apps. I wasn't too pleased with them so I deleted them the next morning.

Then, I proceeded to delete Locale.

Now, turns out I want one of those apps back but I can't get to it. They are uninstalled according to my list of apps. But, when I go to the market, it says installed. I can click on the app and the open/download and uninstall buttons are both grayed out.

This happened with two apps.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? I really need one of those programs back.

Thanks!
TT

thatguychuck

Reaction score
This happened to me as well. I think it happens when you uninstall an app from the phone settings, not from the marketplace. I had to find an apk file from the net to re install, and then used the marketplace to delete. I use the marketplace to uninstall now.

Edit: The only other option I found to clear out the list was a factory reset...

Last edited:

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
This happened to me as well. I think it happens when you uninstall an app from the phone settings, not from the marketplace. I had to find an apk file from the net to re install, and then used the marketplace to delete. I use the marketplace to uninstall now.

Edit: The only other option I found to clear out the list was a factory reset...

I did use the phone settings to uninstall. perhaps I'll just use the marketplace to do so from now on.