Download Unsuccessful from Android Market

golffreaksi

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the following:

"Download Unsuccessful (app name), please try again later".

I have not been able to download any app for almost 3 days now. I have tried looking into google help site but seems like there isn't a solution.

I would appreciate it if anyone has run into this problem and was able to find a solution.

markmicallef

Reaction score
Hey,

I have not been able to download any app for almost 3 days now. I have tried looking into google help site but seems like there isn't a solution.

I would appreciate it if anyone has run into this problem and was able to find a solution.

I've been having this problem for 3 or 4 days myself. It seems as many others (over 500 comments) have had the problem See Here
Dates back to Mar '09 to current and affects many different phones. The ONLY thing in common is the
Market which is always logged in via your gmail account. Some people have gotten New phones
and when they logged in, Same problem!

I have done a factory reset several times. I finally created a new gmail account and it final worked
(temporary fix as you cannot D/L your paid apps with new email) It also worked with my wifes gmail account.

It appears to be a corrupted gmail account that is doing it.

Last edited:

djpatrickb

Reaction score
I have done a factory reset several times. I finally created a new gmail account and it final worked
(temporary fix as you cannot D/L your paid apps with new email) It also worked with my wifes gmail account.

Man...I ordered a replacement phone today. Ugh. I hope this is fixed soon. I have several paid apps that I can't use since I did a hard reset.

markmicallef

Reaction score

Man...I ordered a replacement phone today. Ugh. I hope this is fixed soon. I have several paid apps that I can't use since I did a hard reset.

I suggest to post your problem on the Android Market Forum As I did.
The more they here from us the more pressure for Google to fix this.

Fortunately I had a backup of Ultimate Droid 10 I managed to get back on
which has all my installed apps on it. I just can't D/L anything new.

tom9090

Reaction score
this is getting rediculous. please can someone answer my two following questions?

-is there a way to transfer your purchases to another google account?

-is there a way to refund each and every paid app on my google account? this bug makes my current google account completely unusable..... and i dont wanna pay for the apps again........ sheesh i could have pirated those apps but decided to be the nice guy for a change. great to see the results of my dedication to Android...

i feel ripped off :(

rixa

Reaction score
Hey,

I've run into that problem with some apps mainly because I had a crappy internet connection like 1x instead of 3g.. other times I don't know why other than the app/market screwed up because the other apps downloaded just fine.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you want to try using a new gmal account email the dev of your paid apps and explain the situation. They will probably work with you on getting them back.

Sent from somewhere...

tom9090

Reaction score
this is getting rediculous. please can someone answer my two following questions?

-is there a way to transfer your purchases to another google account?

-is there a way to refund each and every paid app on my google account? this bug makes my current google account completely unusable..... and i dont wanna pay for the apps again........ sheesh i could have pirated those apps but decided to be the nice guy for a change. great to see the results of my dedication to Android...

i feel ripped off :(

guys guess what? im an idiot. this happened because earlier that day i had reported my debit card stolen... and the purchase didn't go through.... HOWEVER:

efforts should be made so that the end user knows they have screwed up, and that the software is just not buggy... for my case,it should have directly told me in the market app that my purchase was declined instead of "download unsuccessful".

LONG LIVE ANDROID
:greendroid:dancedroid:greendroid:

htr

Reaction score
same problem here a few times. every time turning wifi on solves the problem...along with updating every app i have

hakaida

Reaction score
Is the app on the SD card? My phone wont update apps that have been moved to the sd card. So I have to move the app to the phone then update it and then move it back to the sd card.