Download Booster Is Present On The Verizon Galaxy S5, It Just Doesn't Work.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It appears as though Verizon and AT&T have not totally killed of Download Booster after all. It seems that it is just pretty well hidden. You can actually install a custom launcher like Nova. You then need to enable the system shortcut within the Launcher's settings. You can actually toggle it on and off once this is done, however the setting will not actually work. It won't actually merge your 4g and wifi to increase download speeds. It looks like we will have to do a bit more digging to find out how to turn this setting on. More than likely this will be a system modification that will require root. There are plenty of developers working on a Root method for the device, but for now it doesn't look like we will be able to use this feature.

Via XDA

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
heres my question, why would anyone want that. Yes, it gives you faster internet and download speeds but with nearly everyone having capped data plans now, why would you want to chew up your data cap while on wifi? If wifi is so slow and you need your cell data, turn off wifi.

If anything, I can't see why ATT/Verizon wouldn't want it as it would most likely product more overages.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like for Verizon to give me the freedom to use a device as it was intended, rather than the way they feel it should be used. This is the point.