Downlaoding problems.

Condel2011

Reaction score
My driod won't downlaod anything is that a memory issue??

Sent from my DROID2

jbdow

Reaction score
doubtfull, but certainly need more info on exactly what you're doing...

r, john

OP
C

Condel2011

Reaction score
No I know juss its saying retry download and I do... like okay some games u buy and u have to download the graphics and stuff it won't do that download

Sent from my DROID2

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion section

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where are you trying to download? Market?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll run into that problem with some download sites. I haven't found a fix.

detox

Reaction score
I have an X but I was having download issues before. One thing that was suggested to me was to download astro file manager and in the options select allow browser downloads. What worked for me was downloading dolphin hd browser and setting it as default browser

detoXatappin on my X

Reaction score
The stock browser doesn't allow downloads unless you turn them on in Astro, I believe. Use Dolphin or Skyfire or Opera (I hated Opera, YMMV).

Taegost

Reaction score
The stock browser doesn't allow downloads unless you turn them on in Astro, I believe. Use Dolphin or Skyfire or Opera (I hated Opera, YMMV).

I've never set it in Astro and download files with the stock browser all the time.
I hated Opera Mobile as well, it was a lot slower then any other browser, even my outdated Dolphin Browser (Which I haven't updated since they took out the Youtube Download capability back in the original launch).

To the OP: It could be all sorts of things. I know if your connection is a little flaky it won't download files, but you need to give us much more specific information if you want help, such as:
Are you getting any errors?
Are you trying to download an app, or a file from the web?
Are you trying to download a file from within an app?
What is the specific file you're trying to download?

Things like that, with the little bit of information you've given, there's not much we can tell you beyond the generic "make sure you have a good signal".

OP
C

Condel2011

Reaction score
Well okay I can get it from the internet and install it on my droid but when u open to app u download it again cuz the game need so many bites for the game... the game I'm getting is madden 2011 and it has a lot of graphics but the prob is it won't download evn in full wifi and on airplane mode. It keeps saying retry over and ovr cuz it failed. I have uninsalled it and re installed it still the same problem. Is that more in detail?

Sent from my DROID2

Reaction score
Are you saying it won't download when your phone is in airplane mode? Airplane mode turns off ALL external communication with the outside world.

OP
C

Condel2011

Reaction score
No I have tried all ways with and w/o airplane mode. It says to try it but I tried once

Sent from my DROID2